Whats everyone drinking?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Image130.jpg

Muntons Gold Docklands Porter. :cheers:

Mostly the odd pint of free White Sheild,at the moment, with the odd bottle of Blue Moon American Wheat Beer.

As I am saving the good stuff, "Dangerous Brian's Landlady's Bitter" for Christmas!

Shane

I tried that Blue Moon last week for the first time and i was very disappointed but maybe it's just not to my taste :roll:

Brains SA gold

the bottle says ` delicious golden ale brewed in wales late hopped with with cascade and styrian goldings`

it also says `refreshingly hoppy`

however it just tastes like a pint of fosters with lime :cry: dissapointed ...

late hopped - yeah like missed the bus late!!

still got a bottle of old tom for after my tea :thumb:

rickthebrew said:
Brains SA gold

the bottle says ` delicious golden ale brewed in wales late hopped with with cascade and styrian goldings`

:shock: :( Brains SA Gold is normally very good bottled.

Wez said:
rickthebrew said:
Brains SA gold

Really? It's bloody horrible on cask. And for horrible, read "bland".

jamesb said:
Wez said:
rickthebrew said:
Brains SA gold

Really? It's bloody horrible on cask. And for horrible, read "bland".

yes.

http://wezbrew.blogspot.com/2008/07/brains-sa-gold.html

I picked up a bottle of SA Gold because of the Cascade late hop description.
I was thoroughly disappointed :(

A T said:
I tried that Blue Moon last week for the first time and i was very disappointed but maybe it's just not to my taste :roll:

I quite like it, as long as its v cold, nice creamy mouthfeel with hints of orange and corriander.

But I only like drinking out of the bottle, once poured into a glass it looses it a bit for me, & if you go the whole hog and drink it as intended with a slice of orange on the side of the glass then ********************************************

the old tom was really good though 2 for 3quid in s`bury at the moment - would like to brew this in the future, i think muddydisco did an old tom a while ago?

yeah i found the brains SA dissapointing :( sorry!

Old tom's not that old! He's still in the keg going to be xmas or afer when it's ready the flavours are a little harsh at the moment and taste's nothing like old tom. Hopefully a little time will cure that!
Tonight though I'm Supping a Pint of Big Kenny :thumb: Extra cold as the keg's are 4 degrees c, Turned out as good as Wez's original brew!

No photo's sorry Camera flat :cry:

Somebody please tell me it's the weekend tomorrow :pray:

I'm in the middle of a wine bottling session, but there have been quite a few ‘odd bits’ left over. And I've had SG readings to take, which usually means trying a sample from the trial jar.

Now I've freed up a few DJs I've got 5 gallons of Damson wine to rack.

Oh help! Why do we do this?

I'm on the Big Kenny at the moment. Straight from the garage and it has an enormous chill haze (it is very cold out there) but its drinking well. :cheers:

Its the weekend and mine starts at 1pm...

And happy weekend to you all :drink:

Just taken dog for walk so i just poured a pint od Bones Best Bitter :cheers:

On a bottle of Abbot Reserve! i'm low on my own stock, so saving what I have for over xmas! I can't brew due to having my opperation last month! which means no lifting until my ab muscles have repaired and my scar heals!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back