Whats everyone drinking?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Purity Brewing co (Warwickshire) - Mad Goose Pale Ale 5.0%

I like this one, it's just over carbed :(

Marris Otter, Caragold, Wheat Malt
Hallertau for bittering
Cascade & Willamette aroma

Tastes quite bitter 35 - 40 IBU

I might try to brew something like this for next summer :hmm:

Anyone used Caragold before?

am drinking a cup of tea, made with typhoo, and some home made ginger parkin!! lol, last night mind, i was enjoying my geordie yorkshire bitter, just 6 pints mind!! missus is moaning because the bedroom stinks of me farting all night!!
lol :D :drink:

Drinking a mixture of red wines. I think i might be a little worse for wear tomorrow. And it's a school night :roll:

Ah **** it's midnight - I should go to bed!

Having the very last pint from my last batch of Shelob's Sting. I do like this brew but as it's coming into summer here i won't be brewing this again for a few month's. It's my take on an ESB. A little sweeter than ESB and slightly darker. Loads tastier though. Just like ESB used to be, before they shoved it in a bottle and sent it over here. Last bottle of ESB i had was bloody rubbish.

I'm now supping a pint of the Pilsner I brewed a while ago, first beer for 2 months. got a nice bite with a bitter aftertaste.

i've just drunk my first beer since the AT vs BrewStew escapade :lol:

it was a Wasp Stinger, and it tasted lurvely :drink:

BrewStew said:
i've just drunk my first beer since the AT vs BrewStew escapade :lol:

it was a Wasp Stinger, and it tasted lurvely :drink:

Yea well i'm on #2 and i'm gonna neck it :lol: :lol:

... kidding :shock: :lol:

halfway down second... but i reckon that's my lot tonight.

i was drinking Wasp Stinger tonight, but after reading Frisp's thread about his taRd reaching the kegging stage, i decided to fire up my line chiller and pour myself some taRd 2

by eck it's GORGEOUS! there's definitely a difference in taste to a week ago, and i'm glad i had something else to drink while this matured.

the roasted barley is really strong in both smell and taste... it balances with the bitterness perfectly, there's an everso slight sweetness to it too, which balances out it's strength at 5.2%

it also seems somewhat "thicker" in consistency this time round.

all i did was up the malt, and mashed 2 degrees higher. it's so cool how a small adjustment can make the final result change so much!

please boys don't take this as a brag, cos it isn't.... I think i've just nailed it cos i honestly dont know how i can improve on this, and i'm not sure i want to try either! except for giving northdown a go of course ;)

i'm so fecking chuffed right now :D

I went into the offie this evening and could hardly contain myself when i found a new beer. We have a **** selection of ales over here. St Peters Organic Ale it, i'm so disappointed now i didn't like it at all :cry: Didn't stop me drinking it :lol: Onto a Bishops Finger now, i wish it didn't come in a clear glass bottle with shoulders but the ale is nice :cool:

After a week of strong antibiotics and work and decorating - i earned a beer or three tonight..

Martons - Oyster Stout - nice but nothing special
Old Pec - say no more :cool:

Then something from Freeminer that I got at the coop then thirst gold.

Then, Beef Bourguignon (slow cooking at the moment) with red wine :thumb:

4 pints of Speckled Hen in the Holte Pub before the Villa v Man U game :drink:

That American Pale Ale that I half F----d up a few weeks ago. See what you mean about the S-05 yeast :thumb:

Do you like the US-05 K?

Thirst Gold for me tonight :drink:

Might snaffle a Whisky or two later on ;)

W, it blends nicely with the Chinook they have lost their hard edge with more time in the fermenter. I was impatient with it.

Tea :(

i'll be driving shortly but when i return it'll be a TaRd 2 :drink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back