Whats everyone drinking?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight I are mainly drinking Lucky7 Yorkshire Bitter, oddly enough each time I brew it it tastes more and more like Jennings Cumberland Ale so I'm not complaining :party:

I've had a bottle of Batemans XXXB now on the Harvest Gold (kegged version) Mrs Wez has tried a bottled one and a side by side comparison confirms that this beer is definately best bottled. The keg beer isn't 'bad' just dissapointing after trying the bottled one :(

I had a nice surprise when the shopping was delivered too, Mrs Wez ordered me some Anchor Steam Beer (never tried) and some SNPA :drink: I think I'll save those until Friday night :D

More Harvest Gold for me :drink:

Started a bit early tonight :oops: ah well, I am on holiday and I've 'worked' quite hard today :roll:

In my opinion I deserve a beer :drunk:

tonight its Big kenny x5 or 6.
I would love to know what BK tastes like when its been kegged for more than 10 days, but alas I doubt if this cornie will see the week out

:lol: :lol: I've said it before but IMO some beers are better young, pretty sure AT agreed that BK is one of those :cheers:

Oh, the beer engine is getting hammered tonight, and so am I :drunk:

Who's Your Daddy, 3 pints only and i'm really feeling it. This is a serious hard beer, bit to much for A T :oops:

Wez said:
:lol: :lol: I've said it before but IMO some beers are better young, pretty sure AT agreed that BK is one of those :cheers:

I think all beer is better young :lol: :lol:

I'm 'aving O'Haras Irish Stout tonight followed by some yummy London Pride :D

I'm on some very young Hefe this evening. Think I'll settle in for a couple more :cheers:

Just tried a Harvest Gold with the sparkler* fitted to the beer engine (reasonably tight), I think I prefer it :hmm: This is going to be a regular here I think :thumb:

*disclaimer, I normally have all my beers without sparkler, let the great sparkler debate begin :lol:

Tonight I am mostly drinking Liberty or bust my trial with liberty hops a nice pint similar to cascade but not a strong flavour more of a aroma hop but used in large quantities oh well will know for next time :grin:
IMG_0971.jpg

Looks a nice pint :thumb:

What was the grain bill? My Harvest Gold is similar in colour, pale and just a touch of medium crystal.

heres the recipie

380.00 gm Wheat, Torrified (1.7 SRM) Adjunct 7.8 %
4500.00 gm Pale Malt (2 Row) UK (3.0 SRM) Grain 92.2 %
90.00 gm Liberty [4.30%] (90 min) (First Wort Hop) Hops 41.8 IBU
20.00 gm Liberty [4.30%] (0 min) (Aroma Hop-Steep) Hops -
50.00 gm Liberty [4.30%] (15 min) (Aroma Hop-Steep) Hops -

Nice looking recipe :D

How do you find the TW? I sometimes get a sort of cream-soda taste in beer that I use it in :? first wort hopping IMO is the best thing so far that I've changed about my brewing, how do you find it?

TW is cream soda'ry you hit the nail on the head I could not think of it I never actualy first wort hopped I waited for the boil now you mentioned it that could be the cause of the lack of flavour :hmm: there are hoppy flavours but not enough for my taste and not quite bitter enough.

Going T total during the week at the mo, so 1st real sup tonight :party:

Lots of Tesco's finest IPA, I've said it before and I'll say it again, a fine brew.
My fave all time bottle conditioned ale, Special London has now been eclipsed by this brew.

I must get up to Alloa to see how the William Bros make it :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back