Whats everyone drinking?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really tempted to give a Rauchbier a go after reading this, did you guys brew them as lagers? I've got a bad habit of kegging and drinking my lagers straight from the fermenter without any lagering... :nono:

I picked up some Talisker cask strength from the distillery at the weekend after enjoying the 10 y.o. so much. Still beerless, waiting for my kolsch to be ready :party:

mysterio said:
I'm really tempted to give a Rauchbier a go after reading this, did you guys brew them as lagers?

As mine had 20% wheat and 20% rye in addition to the Rauch malt I fermented mine as a Wheat beer using the Brewferm Blanche yeast. As the Dark malt was Carafa Special II I knew (from experience) that this would not require any aging, the roast character is there but no way is it harsh like roast barley would be.

I have been on the wagon for the last fortnight so I am falling off with the first bottle of my Hefe. Very nice it is too - soon be onto number two. :cheers:

Vossy1 said:
Gotta love how quickly Hefe's ready :cool:

Isn't it brill. What a difference with this beer using the Safbrew compared to the Brewferm of my previous hefes. Bloody marvelous. :party:

I have come off with a bit of a bump tonight. I have now found some porter from last October. It is the only one left of the batch and it is so much better than I remember.

I'm on pint number 3 of Harvest Gold and watching the match, Sunday Dinner and a snooze should follow.

I like Sundays, especially when I'm not at work on the Monday after :thumb: :party: I may have o kick an evening session off too when I wake up :cheers:

Just had my first ever bottle of Innis & Gunn original, i'm pretty sure the Oak flavour just covers up a pretty bland honey beer, I can see the gimmick side that makes this beer popular in general but I'm not going to buy this regularly :(

What does everyone else make of this beer? Have I got it wrong?

The 'beer' is actually a side effect of the process used for cleaning the casks, and used to be thrown away . . . its only fairly recently that its been bottled and sold . . . Should throw it away IMO, a very bland 'nothing' beer marketed for people that don't really like beer.

Yep, this is not a good beer IMO :sick: washing my mouth out with a Harvest Gold right now and although not as good as the bottled version it's tasty and gets the thumbs up from the Mrs Wez test :grin: :cheers: :thumb:

Currently enjoying a lovely cup of yorkshire tea before heading off to the zoo with my new camera :party:

Agreed, it's a manky beer. I had to throw mine away. Horrible oaky tannins and cloyingly sweet.

drinking a kit cider. absolutely rubbish. i'm goin back to TC with s04... my first TC was the best ever and I think i'll stick to it after this.... yeugh :(

St Peter's Amarillo Ale

This stuff is good :drink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back