Whats everyone drinking?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that fwh gives the beer a more 'rounded' and 'less harsh' bitterness, for mpore flavour and aroma i'm a fan of using the method of adding the last hops when the wort is cooling post boil and is at 80c then turning the chiller off and leaving it mostly 15 mins but sometimes 30 mins so that they steep, not sure if this is something you do already but since using fwh and 80c steeping i've improved my beers a reasonable amount, my last brew was my 1st one with a liquid yeast, i'm keen to see what difference that makes :cool:

Twas a good pic BTW (and good to see another library user :D - I love our local library :cool: )

Tonights Belgium night :party:

CIMG0442600x450.jpg

Looks like you're in for a good night :D the only one of those i've tried is the Sam Smiths :lol:

I've got a first try of Anchor Steam Beer tonight also got some SNPA, Badger Poachers and another one that I can't remember :wha:

On the 1st pint of Harvest Gold at the moment :drink:

Curry night tonight :thumb:

Sounds like you're in for a good night too :cool:
I've got a currr=y waiting in the fridge, butter chicken and piri piri chicken...hmmm

I love that Badgers Poacher Ale :drink:

Mmmm thats sounds tasty :D

Vossy1 said:
I love that Badgers Poacher Ale :drink:

Yeah I tried this before on your recommendation :thumb: enjoyed it so went back for more :drink:

Looking forward to the Anchor Steam Beer, hope it's not a dissapointment :pray:

Let us know how you get on with yours :grin:

The ASB is a very malty beer to my tastes.
I liken it to the Belgiums, it's not a session beer for me, it's too chewy.
It's very nice though and I do buy it every now and then :drink:

Just opened the Rodenbach.
I think it's like smoke beers, you either love it or you hate it.
I personanlly like R and that must mean I'll like other sour beers.
Swimbo spat it out :lol:

Vossy1 said:
The ASB is a very malty beer to my tastes.
I liken it to the Belgiums, it's not a session beer for me, it's too chewy.
It's very nice though and I do buy it every now and then :drink:

I see what you mean, not a session beer :lol:

I get a huge hit of fresh ground coffee when I lift the glass, this beer is all about the malt

Vossy1 said:
I personanlly like R and that must mean I'll like other sour beers.

You think so? Get yourself a case of Kindl Berliner Weisse then you'll know if you like sour beers :lol:

Water and lots of it.... need to flush out the toxins after a hard night on the tiles ;)

I'm sulking as I'm back to work tomorrow :(

SNPA for now then a Badger Poachers then a couple of HB's I think :drink:

Well a revelation. Tonights tipple is TC based on Tesco apple product and youngs Cider yeast.
This is the one I had trouble with last week when I overcarbonated it. I let all the gas out until midweek. Gased it back up to 10PSI threw it in the Monsterator and forgot about it.
Yesterday as Im doing a flash chill experiment with Isinglass. ( thread to follow) i turned the monsterator down to 5C.
I just had a sup of the TC. Man its transformed its bloody loverly.
So tonight I shall be supping 5.8% TC from the monsterator. (restricted to 4 Pints as im back at work in the morning)
Im cooking up a Beef Madass with some potatoes and lentils in it with a couple of Nan for tea so that should go well with the TC :drink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back