What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now onto @dave_77 saison. A subtle sauson character with a hint of banana in thr tongue.

Attachments

• 20230812_211156.jpg
    20230812_211156.jpg
    27.3 KB
I guess the weather there is better than here it looks like it could pour down any moment
We have had rain this morning but the afternoon, and for the rest of the day, glorious sunshine, almost no breeze, and very warm. Bloody glorious!

I’ve had rather a lot of my Best Bitter so probably best ignored for now! 😂

Guest beer night for me.
First up, ‘5 Meter’ American Amber by @phildo79. Brilliantly clear, generous head that dissipated slowly.
Loads of bready malt and caramel aromas that carry over to the flavour. Nice body, great length of flavour and a slightly off dry finish.
Top brew mate, you’ve really nailed the style clapa. This is a better beer than a lot of the lacklustre commercial examples I tried on holiday last year. Thanks for sharing it, I’d rip through a keg of this in no time.

IMG_2232.jpeg

Next beer is a Belgian Single from @dave_77. Lovely golden colour, brilliantly clear and well carbonated. The aroma and flavour are similar, light bread malts and noble hops with a great hit of spicy phenols. All three are in perfect balance, the finish is crisp and dry and it pulls you back for another big swig.
Dave’s beers never disappoint and this is another corker. It’s a perfect summer ale that disappeared far to fast. Cheers mate, thank you for sharing it 🍻

IMG_2233.jpeg

Next beer is a Belgian Single from @dave_77. Lovely golden colour, brilliantly clear and well carbonated. The aroma and flavour are similar, light bread malts and noble hops with a great hit of spicy phenols. All three are in perfect balance, the finish is crisp and dry and it pulls you back for another big swig.
Dave’s beers never disappoint and this is another corker. It’s a perfect summer ale that disappeared far to fast. Cheers mate, thank you for sharing it 🍻

View attachment 88865
Cheers for the positive feedback, I forgot you had that beer.
It's all gone now ☹️apart from a few bottle conditioned stock for some comps😋

Next up, it’s a tropical stout, kindly sent by @Jim Brewster.
Quite lively on the pour but it settled down quickly to leave an off white head that lasted the whole glass.
There’s buckets of dark cherry, raisin and toffee flavours with just enough chocolaty roast to pull it all together. As it warmed up the dark malts become richer and more complex.
Thanks for sending this one Jim 🙏🏻, it arrived during the June heatwave and I’ve been waiting for the right night to enjoy it. It is style I’ve developed an appreciation of after last years swap and yours was an absolute treat.

IMG_2234.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back