What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My own Impy Stout to finish the night. It’s been conditioning for just under 3 months and it’s hitting its stride nicely. Lots of dark cherry and raisin from the Special B, the flavours have mellowed and melded noticeably since my first sample a month back. The roasted malts are coming through and it’s a much more pleasant drink.
IMG_2235.jpeg

Guest beer night for me.
First up, ‘5 Meter’ American Amber by @phildo79. Brilliantly clear, generous head that dissipated slowly.
Loads of bready malt and caramel aromas that carry over to the flavour. Nice body, great length of flavour and a slightly off dry finish.
Top brew mate, you’ve really nailed the style clapa. This is a better beer than a lot of the lacklustre commercial examples I tried on holiday last year. Thanks for sharing it, I’d rip through a keg of this in no time.

View attachment 88859
Would love to take credit for it but that one wasn't from me, mate.

Away camping in France. Bought this at Lidl...found it very easy to drink and doesn't feel like a 6.6% beer. Having googled it, it seems to be brewed especially for Lidl. Don't have a pic of the beer in the glass (went quickly😂)...though not sure I'd call it a blonde as it was quite amber in colour. Next time there is a Belgium week in Lidl I may have to hunt this down. Interestingly had a leffe ruby last night. Also very nice but not sure I could drink too many of them in one sitting. 🍻🍻

Attachments

• 16920385972477016975469917287214.jpg
    16920385972477016975469917287214.jpg
    32.2 KB
Away camping in France. Bought this at Lidl...found it very easy to drink and doesn't feel like a 6.6% beer. Having googled it, it seems to be brewed especially for Lidl. Don't have a pic of the beer in the glass (went quickly😂)...though not sure I'd call it a blonde as it was quite amber in colour. Next time there is a Belgium week in Lidl I may have to hunt this down. Interestingly had a leffe ruby last night. Also very nice but not sure I could drink too many of them in one sitting. 🍻🍻
Was Belgian a couple of weeks ago but they didn’t have that. They had Bornem blonde which I felt was not as good as Leffe.

Just back from a pub lunch and decided to put my latest batch of Pirate Pale on tap. It’s only been conditioning for 3 days but hey, that just means it’s fresh doesn’t it?

Not quite crystal clear but certainly not bad for 3 days and the first pint from the keg. Cask-like carbonation too which always makes me happy.

A7FC91D2-AE8A-406E-9E1A-E12B49CCA80A.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back