What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An old peculier followed by one of the others to start.
1691783409841.png
1691783463673.png

There's a lot of "research" going on this evening, nearly all apart from Tess and a couple of others are shamelessly drinking commercial beers. Me, too. I'm trying to clear some of the "samples" to make room on the shelf. Looking forward to a proper pint tomorrow.

Another guest beer, this one brewed by @samale ..Biere de Garde, not had one of these before so I had to read the style guidelines to see what I was getting in to

Seems to fit the description well.
Very very lively 😋 nice toasty herbal aroma. It's malty,toasty flavour with a medium body but with the crispness and high carbonation it's not cloying. Nice and smooth and easy drinking for 6%. I like it.. cheers
View attachment 88786
Sorry Dave but the bottle should not be that lively. It's obviously kicked up the sediment because the beer is crystal clear. 👍

Sorry Dave but the bottle should not be that lively. It's obviously kicked up the sediment because the beer is crystal clear. 👍
Still tasted good. It was obvious that the sediment was disturbed but there was plenty of Co2 on opening so not surprising 😋

Still tasted good. It was obvious that the sediment was disturbed but there was plenty of Co2 on opening so not surprising 😋
It's something I need to look at. Any Belgian beers I age seem to suffer some sort of creep. I have a tripel that is similar, I may have to adjust the carbonation to compensate.
Carbonation levels can make or break a Belgian beer for me. It's a very fine line

It can only be that it's not quite finished or your sugar dosing is a little off I would thought. It wasn't climbing out of the bottle on opening.

Bottled up the Vacant Gesture clone this morning. First priority will be to find a less stupid name so I can stick the labels on. What did I do different to the above? First, I didn't bother with two charges of dry hops, but chucked the whole 70 grams in (in an oversized bag) after racking into secondary fermenter. Stirred every day for three days and hoicked them out again. Left a further three days to clear a bit before bottling. Secondly, I let the mash time overrun and this, together with hop creep, has led to my overshooting the final gravity, which came out at 1005 instead of 1008. I'm not in the least worried about that.
I saw a video about this beer on another forum and mine is a bit lighter than the beer appears to be in the video so I'll go 50/50 with something like Golden Promise or Pop's and Castle or Hookhead Pilsner next time. Unless I've sourced some Munton's Planet extra Pale by then. Most importantly, the flavour: it's amazing! I can't wait for this one to carb up so I can start pouring it down my throat. End of story on this beer. Any further post will be in the "what are you drinking tonight" thread.
Quoted from the Clarence's Cauldron thread.

Well, what can I say? It took a little while to become clear, I'm not fond of hazy beer, and it came out a little stronger at just over 4%. The beer itself is pale yellow and with a good head. I'll try to remember to take a photo next time I pour one. The beer tastes like cold, fizzy grapefruit juice. I don't mean that it's reminscent of grapefruit or that it tastes like beer with grapefruit juice in it, I mean it's unrecognisable as beer and fully breakfast juice. I still haven't tasted the original so I don't know how close I've got.
Do I like it? I can't make up my mind. It's very refreshing and easy drinking, but when I want a beer, I want a beer and it doesn't taste like beer.
Would I make it again? I'm fascinated by the way this has turned out and I see that Harrison's have done a repeat with Simcoe hops. I'll certainly try a few more variations to see what happens. In the meantime, pass me a lager and lime. A proper drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back