What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. THIS is the Saison. It looks much the same although has just a touch of haze and is more highly carbonated.
9F0FBA26-ABC4-42E3-91A2-52B2AC3FB57D.jpeg

The aroma is maybe just a touch more fruity? The flavour is not so far away either, maybe just altogether lifted a little - a little more fruit, a little more spice, a little more jazz (just checking you’re still here 😉).

Lovely beer again, thank you! I might come back to this bar time and again.

It is - bottled is 5.5%, cask is 4.5%

I think cask beers (for beer connoisseurs 😉) have a character that’s often more bitter than the bottled beers for the masses so maybe a slightly different recipe?
No idea if they do it but chucking some hops in the cask would increase the bitterness. I’ve truly gone of the fizzy gassed beers, spitfire is one of the worst in bottle form.

I'm now in the Masai Mara and found that due to the very relaxed alcohol taxation rules, I can drink a double talisker 12yo for the princely sum of £1.95
Now on my 4th and the aches and pains of the day have disappeared
Oh and there is a murder log on the bank next to the bar

Attachments

• PXL_20230809_182038522.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20230809_182038522.NIGHT.jpg
    122.9 KB
I'm now in the Masai Mara and found that due to the very relaxed alcohol taxation rules, I can drink a double talisker 12yo for the princely sum of £1.95
Now on my 4th and the aches and pains of the day have disappeared
Oh and there is a murder log on the bank next to the bar
I drink a lot of Talisker…could be worth the air fare 🤔

Had a couple of Proper Job and Spitfire at the pub and now back home enjoying a 5.1% Trappist Single from @dave_77 in the sun.

Again a lovely pale yellow-golden beer with a loose white head, good carbonation, and great clarity.
View attachment 88729
The aroma is a bit Saison like with a little spice, a little noble hop character, and a hint of cracker malt. The flavour matches the description with the addition of a slight hint of tartness at the start. If I had been guessing blind I might well have suggested this is a saison, though maybe a little muted. It is very nice though and as it happens I have a saison from the same stable so it will be interesting to compare the two.

Thanks Dave for another cracking beer! 👍
Good tasting mate..the yeast was Lallemand Farmhouse so they market it as a type of Saison yeast. I was concerned it wouldn't finish as dry as other strains so decided on using it for the Single.

OK. THIS is the Saison. It looks much the same although has just a touch of haze and is more highly carbonated.
View attachment 88731

The aroma is maybe just a touch more fruity? The flavour is not so far away either, maybe just altogether lifted a little - a little more fruit, a little more spice, a little more jazz (just checking you’re still here 😉).

Lovely beer again, thank you! I might come back to this bar time and again.
That was a Saison yeast, actually a blend of two. Started with the Wyeast Dupont Strain and then a packet of French Saison dry yeast to make sure it finished dry. The dry was pitched 24 hours after the first.
https://share.brewfather.app/wVPswznqNxGFfs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back