What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from a day trip to Somerset and treating myself to a well deserved glass of my German Lager.

22DDE063-2048-414C-8910-B1516CF232DD.jpeg

It’s gone 4:30 and that’s a long enough wait so I’m gonna call it… WEEK-END!! 🥳

I want to keep my hands off my freshly kegged bitter until at least tomorrow so I’m having a few bottles because I’m not in the mood for lager or dark beers just at the moment. This is Gad’s No.3 (pale ale). I think their No.5 (bitter) is better but this is nice.

267B0DEF-2CC8-411D-BE56-EDB905B997DB.jpeg

Guest beer now from @Twopan . This beer was sent to me for the Belgian comp but unfortunately Royal mail let him down even with 1st Class 🤷🏻
This beer would have been a contender. Very nice Blonde. Crisp ,dry and lovely carbonation. Yeast and malt flavours come together nicely to give a beer of 6.4% that you could easily smash a few pints. Lovely beer, thanks for sharing 🍻
IMG_20230811_183255.jpg
IMG_20230811_183259.jpg

This is nice although I do prefer the whiskey version given that my spirit of choice is whiskey.
I must confess I love that, a few years back green king had rum runner in my local it was really good for them
View attachment 88777
That is a cracker, green king used to do one called rum runner which was very good

Another guest beer, this one brewed by @samale ..Biere de Garde, not had one of these before so I had to read the style guidelines to see what I was getting in to

Seems to fit the description well.
Very very lively 😋 nice toasty herbal aroma. It's malty,toasty flavour with a medium body but with the crispness and high carbonation it's not cloying. Nice and smooth and easy drinking for 6%. I like it.. cheers
IMG_20230811_195559.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back