What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve at last been able to start the job of tidying the garden after weeks of poor weather and being out of the country. After a good start it’s time for a spot of lunch and a Czech lager in the sun.

31BEB08A-263C-4340-A84F-3A8B8128571A.jpeg

…followed by a German lager.
3BD71B37-D8B0-4143-9077-02D44926ACB0.jpeg

Last edited:
So, I have brewed a SN clone once, and whilst not as good, I would say, I did manage to get it pretty close, especially on appearance and aroma. I have since propogated the yeast from a SN bottle and used it successfully in two other brews. (Pale ales). As I'm now on the 3rd generation of that yeast, I plan to to rebrew the first recipe with the actual SN yeast - perhaps paying a bit more attention to my Ph and temps etc and with a bit of luck I'll be able to report back with some positive news!
I'd be very interested to hear how this turns out, mate.

It has been quite some day. Up early to meet the plasterer - yes I know it’s Sunday- who didn’t arrive till 9 and he didn’t have anyone there to help him- so I’ve been in my boiler suit pulling down a ceiling, wet insulation and putting up new insulation… I am jiggered.

So this Summit pale ale from the generous @Benfleet Brewery is sweet nectar. It has a spot on bitterness, a clean maltinrss and that hard to describe Summit citrus - sort of orange lemon and lime but subtle.

0D9F3ED4-4895-47C0-B494-3A976767A964.jpeg

Sad to say I have not done my usual roast today and the family is getting a Tesco lasagna …. I’ll do something nice midweek to make up for it. 😊.

I’ve been in my boiler suit pulling down a ceiling, wet insulation and putting up new insulation… I am jiggered. […]
Sad to say I have not done my usual roast today and the family is getting a Tesco lasagna …. I’ll do something nice midweek to make up for it. 😊.
How about one of them cook YOU something nice midweek, to say thanks for all your hard work?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back