What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A small German lager with a couple of freshly baked (by the supermarket) cheese and pickle rolls on this gloriously warm and sunny day.

9144A8B0-8E74-4135-ACB7-4F3F665BDC3A.jpeg

Totally knackered after a 4 hour stint of chainsawing and bashing in fenceposts. A nice glass of real cider made from last year's crop, about 80% cookers. Sweetened with an inch of boxed apple juice. Surprisingly drinkable but first time I've ever had cloudy cider. Used a different yeast this year though so maybe that's the reason.

IMG_20230404_150636.jpg

Home again now and while the girls popped in to Primark, the boys popped next door to M&S Foodhall where I picked up this haul.
43D8250C-A8C3-4969-9259-E5C34A763FEF.jpeg

I’m starting with the Belgian Cherry Wheat and I’m quite impressed with it - it’s very much like Lindemans Kriek but for half the price. Worth a try if you like Kriek.
159099F9-9E87-4199-9FDF-EC9F8492B664.jpeg

The Brune was a gusher and not just a dribble of foam. I immediately tried to close off the top of the bottle with my hand and it was like pressing your thumb over a garden hose - sprayed everywhere! Managed to catch most of the bottle with a rapid pour. This is more like a typical dark Belgian beer where you can taste everything including the candy sugar. Nice - just wish I could have had a full bottle. 🤷‍♂️

4DE18FEE-FFC2-4D1E-BB73-BF6914F53F6D.jpeg

My NEIPA. Used the Greg Hughes recipe as a base, added another 300g of hops and swapped out the yeast for Verdant IPA.
View attachment 83963
I almost want to make a sign of the cross when someone says "Greg Hughes Recipe" these days even though he's alive and well. Miss the brew shop when he was running it.

Our grand-children are staying with us while their parents are in Bali. Grand-daughter wanted to go to Family Bargains so my wife took her and brought me back a present.
4D616EB5-525B-4FCB-9E07-4FFAD18DB5CE.jpeg

I’m starting with the Bale Ale, brewed in partnership with Gareth Bale as part of an initiative to fund grass roots football in Wales. 4.5% golden ale hopped with Goldings, Columbus, and Citra, costing 99p.
912D7862-2A92-44C3-9AC8-45D3DB0550B0.jpeg

Our grand-children are staying with us while their parents are in Bali. Grand-daughter wanted to go to Family Bargains so my wife took her and brought me back a present.
View attachment 83985

I’m starting with the Bale Ale, brewed in partnership with Gareth Bale as part of an initiative to fund grass roots football in Wales. 4.5% golden ale hopped with Goldings, Columbus, and Citra, costing 99p.
View attachment 83986
Do you want to have my kids whilst I go to Bali?
These also like trips to Family Bargains .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back