What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening all! It’s IPA time, my user upper brewed in December.

0854D088-021C-429C-B253-8B4B81F40359.jpeg

Just kegged my first proper lager, hops were jester and tradition, still got 4 or 5 litres in the all rounder which I need for Saturday, I can say it is not like a lager I am used to it is better really zingy and easy drinking, can’t see it lasting long View attachment 82260
Great job, that looks the business 👏

Bad day at the office today, so I'm breaking my new 'no alcohol Monday to Thursday' rule (didn't take long! 😁)

Picked this up in sainsburys last night - £1.50 a can. Immediate aromas of passion fruit and a little pineapple. Taste is opposite - more pineapple and a little passion fruit. Not getting any mango. I'd get this again, especially at £1.50!

20230223_202914.jpg

20230223_203051.jpg

My English IPA. Drunk whilst reordering the ingredients for the next batch. Of my regular styles (English IPA, Porter, APA..) this is the recipe I'm most happy with.

The last batch was brewed mid August but is still tasting great. One criticism is a slightly harsh hop character just on the finish. I'm putting that down to missing my numbers and it being the best part of 1% abv lower than planned. I think the expected 6% would have carried the IBUs ok.

Recipe tweaked for a more realistic efficiency. I'll probably monster it this time and end up at 7%!

A bit lacklustre maybe but it wasn’t awful. What score did it get
Not sure from memory. Just recall it was bottom half. I think lacklustre sums it up. I was surprised when we unwrapped the bottles as had assumed it would do better. It struck me as a beer made by the Asahi Accountancy Team with minimal investment in ingredients. Recent history has backed that up. It was very evident that forum brewers were spending more on hops (per litre) than Asahi were!

Not sure from memory. Just recall it was bottom half. I think lacklustre sums it up. I was surprised when we unwrapped the bottles as had assumed it would do better. It struck me as a beer made by the Asahi Accountancy Team with minimal investment in ingredients. Recent history has backed that up. It was very evident that forum brewers were spending more on hops (per litre) than Asahi were!
That’s why we’re home brewers, no need to concern ourselves with profitability and shareholders, just pure pleasure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back