What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to understand how this is an amber ale, I bought into the hype with the new recipe and wanted to have a couple of the old recipe but this is not the fat tire I remember.

View attachment 81608
Not what I remember either maybe they already changed it and are just now changing the labeling. If I ever drink another one it will be homebrew.

Sunday evening:
Noticed this in Sainsburys and couldn't resist, having lived in the area for a number of years, though in those days IPA was probably unknown to most (early 80s). Nice aroma on opening the can, just drank it from the can, nice hoppy with citrus, refreshing.
IMG_0863.JPG

Thanks for the feedback. Looks good in the glass, hope it was OK.

I will have another look at the water treatment, I don't tend to need much for the pilsner profile.
It was definitely OK. A German Pilsner can have a mineral finish so there’s nothing wrong with it - unless you don’t like it of course!

I went into town this afternoon shopping for Valentines. After, I popped into a local old school pub serving cask ales and had a chat with a few old boys at the bar. Highlight of my day! I brought a couple of 2-pint carry-outs home for tonight. A pale ale from Goachers and a bitter called Feckless.

3323DD98-8608-4CE4-918F-B4B790D0310F.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back