What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was out for a meal and had:-
imgly_4398175266000092769.jpg

Cobra washed down the Indian nicely

Then had
20230204_194942.jpg

Beavertown Neck Oil
20230204_194942.jpg

Finished up with Icebreaker from Greene King
20230204_201541.jpg

As it was a lovely day, doing pork on the Kamado so thought I’d treat myself to @samale Brett Saison that he kindly sent me. Poured a lovely colour with a nice white head, smells peppery and a tastes of oranges as well, and the Brett is in the background nice and subtle. It went down a treat. 👍

878742F1-8996-45FE-8EF5-3567B8249017.jpeg

To start tonight I’m treating myself to a guest beer from @Leon103 This is his 4.4% German Pilsner.

On opening the bottle I was rewarded with a short crisp hiss and then nothing happened - perfect!

You can see the beer is a lovely light golden colour and is crystal clear. Carbonation is effervescent forming a dense white long-lasting foamy head.
9163EFDD-7AB0-40FF-A8CA-736A7A522F63.jpeg

The aroma is initially very fresh and crisp, hop forward with a lovely fresh fruity/floral/spicy vibe almost giving the impression of sherbet. After a short while the burst of hops softens a little to allow the sweet grainy malt character to introduce itself.

The flavour is more dry than I was expecting from the aroma and the malt character is far more cracker-like. The fruity/floral/spicy hop character follows and is short-lived before the bitterness takes over. The finish is dry and has quite a prominent mineral quality, my guess is a high sulphate addition.

While writing this post, which hasn’t really taken more than a few minutes I’ve finished the beer. In the bottom of the glass is half a centimetre of white foam.

Thanks very much Leon, I enjoyed your beer very much, a great start to my Sunday evening! Cheers! 🍻

As it was a lovely day, doing pork on the Kamado so thought I’d treat myself to @samale Brett Saison that he kindly sent me. Poured a lovely colour with a nice white head, smells peppery and a tastes of oranges as well, and the Brett is in the background nice and subtle. It went down a treat. 👍

View attachment 81589
I forgot I sent you that 🤣

First carbonated sample of the talus/exp1320 hazy. It's darker than I was expecting. It's better now that it's carbonated, the fruitiness is coming out. Still just a rather mundane hazy pale ale. But just as good or better than what you pay $8 a pint for these days.

20230205_123157.jpg

To start tonight I’m treating myself to a guest beer from @Leon103 This is his 4.4% German Pilsner.

On opening the bottle I was rewarded with a short crisp hiss and then nothing happened - perfect!

You can see the beer is a lovely light golden colour and is crystal clear. Carbonation is effervescent forming a dense white long-lasting foamy head.
View attachment 81593

The aroma is initially very fresh and crisp, hop forward with a lovely fresh fruity/floral/spicy vibe almost giving the impression of sherbet. After a short while the burst of hops softens a little to allow the sweet grainy malt character to introduce itself.

The flavour is more dry than I was expecting from the aroma and the malt character is far more cracker-like. The fruity/floral/spicy hop character follows and is short-lived before the bitterness takes over. The finish is dry and has quite a prominent mineral quality, my guess is a high sulphate addition.

While writing this post, which hasn’t really taken more than a few minutes I’ve finished the beer. In the bottom of the glass is half a centimetre of white foam.

Thanks very much Leon, I enjoyed your beer very much, a great start to my Sunday evening! Cheers! 🍻
Thanks for the feedback. Looks good in the glass, hope it was OK.

I will have another look at the water treatment, I don't tend to need much for the pilsner profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back