What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20230929_183238.jpg

Nearly cleared.
My first brew this year, now in cask.
Based on Exmoor Gold using my own grown Prima Donna hops straight off the bine and into the 70°c whirlpool.
I overdid the Cascade bittering, so has come out more of a hoppy Exmoor bitter.
Still a little young yet, just hope there's still some left when it comes together!

Took the pup for the 1st time earlier.

Started with hoodwink - described as a lager type pale ale. Had this in bottle many years ago, didn't think much of the cask version.

Then a cwrw teifi. A nice best bitter.

Both by Mantle.

Attachments

• 20230929_161729.jpg
    20230929_161729.jpg
    33.8 KB
  • 20230929_165631.jpg
    20230929_165631.jpg
    32.1 KB
My wife has gone to see a Tina Turner tribute act with our eldest daughter and our grand-daughter. It’s not so much my thing so I’ve gone for a walk and found myself at a pub 🤷‍♂️

Having a pint of Pedigree before the walk home, maybe a couple 🤔

Given up trying to upload a picture after 10 minutes, rubbish signal.

I do want to be more adventurous in my drinking but I think a triple might be too much for me 🥴. Maybe I need to ease myself in with a double. I would like the bottle though :D.
Re. Trappist beer, Dubbel, Tripel, quadrupel beers.
Don't know if it's Belgian-wide, but in the Halve Maan Brewery tap room (Bruges) their Trappist Beer and Trippel are golden (like yours is) and the Dubbel and Quad were both dark ales.
ps they said there never was a beer named a "Single", it was just called Beer (brewed for the monks and lay-brothers), the honoured guests were served the Dubbels etc.
So unless you are fond of dark beers, just go for a Belgian Blond, I know I would.

Last edited:
I might be in need of a hernia repair.
Mrs70, Miss70 and myself have just spent an evening by the BBQ, culminating in the 15yr old performing a variety of Nikki Minage songs complete with interpretive dance. It was quite the education for me and her mum, and I genuinely think I’ve split a side. Thank god her gay best friend wasn’t here too or I’d be needing an undertaker instead.
Im hoping my all time fav South African Red will kill the pain.
IMG_2371.jpeg

I might be in need of a hernia repair.
Mrs70, Miss70 and myself have just spent an evening by the BBQ, culminating in the 15yr old performing a variety of Nikki Minage songs complete with interpretive dance. It was quite the education for me and her mum, and I genuinely think I’ve split a side. Thank god her gay best friend wasn’t here too or I’d be needing an undertaker instead.
Im hoping my all time fav South African Red will kill the pain.
View attachment 90368
Sounds like an episode of “carry on up the ballinderry”

I love Vault City's Cloudy Lemonade but this is on another level; it's sharp,sour,refreshing and tremendous hop balance - exceptional
View attachment 90365

And this is one of my favourite IPA's
View attachment 90366
The Vault City stuff is epic. I've just found out they have a tap room in Edinburgh....I'm off up there on a 2 night drinking expedition in November. Lucky me!

Started with a pale from Ampersand..nice enough hazy pale, well brewed and plenty of hop flavour but a little soft for me.

IMG_20230929_190037.jpg

Now onto my English IPA...I like it but it's just ok. Hops aren't that punchy . Mrs is out so watching a Western. Ballad of Left Brown
IMG_20230929_212402.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back