What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Few stout earlier for the Ireland rugby match. Wine now at the caravan
IMG_20230923_224737434_HDR.jpg

Tried this year's Bière de Garde earlier.

3 weeks' lagering so just a small measure to see how it was doing. (Only do a baby keg as don't have room to age stuff).

I will bottle this in another 3-6 weeks for Christmas drinking.

Happy with this, possibly my best yet. It's a bit stronger than before but is spot on for my tastes.

Clear as a bell despite the photo

Attachments

• 1000047793.jpg
    1000047793.jpg
    50.2 KB
Last edited:
Tried this year's Bière de Garde earlier.

3 weeks' lagering so just a small measure to see how it was doing. (Only do a baby keg as don't have room to age stiff).

I will bottle this in another 3-6 weeks for Christmas drinking.

Happy with this, possibly my best yet. It's a bit stronger than before but is spot on for my tastes.

Clear as a bell despite the photo
What yeast did you use

Had a great day today. My swimming group ‘The Sea Bastards’ took part in the Marine Conservation Society’s beach clean and took 10kg of plastic off a100m stretch of the shore of Belfast Lough in an hour. After washing down a curry with a load of American Red Ale I’m in the mood for something that is reminiscent of the sea.
12yr old Glenlivet it is.

View attachment 90218

What a man.

That's my recipe
4kg pilsner malt
1kg light Munich
200g biscuit malt
200g special B
150g Cara ruby
500g light candi sugar

Mash at 65
Hops will be barbe rouge, I already have the yeast starter built up. WLP 073

That's my recipe
4kg pilsner malt
1kg light Munich
200g biscuit malt
200g special B
150g Cara ruby
500g light candi sugar

Mash at 65
Hops will be barbe rouge, I already have the yeast starter built up. WLP 073

Sound. Wanted to try that yeast when THBC had it in, but didn't get round to ordering.

Have set myself a reminder to send one when I bottle. Will be 3 weeks or so if that works for you?

I had a great afternoon and evening yesterday. In the afternoon we went to a reggae event where the group that played at my daughters wedding were one of the groups at this event, nice guys and great group - Reminisce. After that we went to a very popular real ale pub where we drank some really nice beers and met some lovely folk.

Back to today and this is a glass of Pipster Pale.
31D39F60-8777-43AD-BDE5-AD975CDCA8A1.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back