What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_9020.jpeg

TETB Cali Uncommon
I thought I’d actually binned this because after a couple of weeks in the FV it was rough as hell and insanely bitter.
But it turns out I hadn’t, and in fact it spent the whole summer at 4° in my ‘spare’ fridge, still in the FV (!)
And having discovered it last week, it’s clear as a bell and actually tastes pretty darn good.
I think it must be a record for the time spent on the sediment though.

Stopped for couple of pints after work. A pint of Reliance by Brixton, very nice pale. Then a pint of Guinness.

Starting at home with this from Turning Point. I saw @dan125 having a box from these so I thought I would get this from my LBS. Only now seeing its only 4% which for a westie is a but weak. Loads of bitterness but nothing else going on with it..a but poor

Attachments

• 20230922_201953.jpg
    20230922_201953.jpg
    32.3 KB
View attachment 90160
TETB Cali Uncommon
I thought I’d actually binned this because after a couple of weeks in the FV it was rough as hell and insanely bitter.
But it turns out I hadn’t, and in fact it spent the whole summer at 4° in my ‘spare’ fridge, still in the FV (!)
And having discovered it last week, it’s clear as a bell and actually tastes pretty darn good.

Nice to see you mate 😘

View attachment 90160
TETB Cali Uncommon

I wondered what you had a pink marigold on your right hand and what you were holding, but it seems to be your settee :laugh8:

Treat time (and I may have had more than one NZ Pale in between 🤔).
@phildo79 Kinnegar Rustbucket clone. Top job, it’s a really good stab at recreating the original. Hops seem spot on, maybe a bit more rye on the malt side?? It’s been a while since I had one so I’d be interested in your take.
It’s a well executed brew and I loved every sip, thank you for sharing it 🍻
IMG_2353.jpeg

Last edited:
Treat time (and I may have had more than one NZ Pale in between 🤔).
@phildo79 Kinnegar Rustbucket clone. Top job, it’s a really good stab at recreating the original. Hops seem spot on, maybe a bit more rye on the malt side?? It’s been a while since I had one so I’d be interested in your take.
It’s a well executed brew and I loved every sip, thank you for sharing it 🍻View attachment 90166
Thanks for the kind review. I got the recipe off @Donegal john and the fella's comments seemed spot on. Close but something missing on the back end. Must say though, it has improved with a little age.

I think I would probably up the rye in the malt bill, just a bit, and ramp up the FO and dry hops a good bit. Pretty sure I will have another stab at this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back