What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Schwarzbier to follow the Weissbier.

A4CF2C0B-FD47-4708-A1E3-C1F1D6E58C92.jpeg

Trying out @Hazelwood Brewery porter, this is very nice, stone fruit flavours with a lot of roast coming through round the back. Very well balanced, bitterness and sweet. Sweet malty aroma with some of that stone fruit there as well. Lovely and dark with a thin off white head which lasts about half the glass. I worried that at 4% it might be a little thin but not a jot of it, it's refreshing yet still a cozy sit by the fire ale. I'd imagine you could (and have) drunk a lot of these in a night! Very nice, thanks for sharing!

20230920_205952.jpg

Very nice golden bitter from Ampersand brewery in Norfolk..hosts of the upcoming Homebrew comp which is how I first heard of them. They also did a great Colab with my local brewery Iron Pier which was great. This is crisp, dry biscuit and nice herbal English hop character. Lovely easy going English pale
IMG_20230921_181131.jpg
IMG_20230921_181148.jpg

Just got back from a quick beer at the pub and what a nice pint too, best beer I’ve had up there for a long while and I’ve no idea what it was called, it was a session ipa with second in its name, didn’t have my phone so no picture. I only have one keg with beer in now so a NZ Pils it is.

5E601CE0-0A60-42D9-B1AD-175E7FF6A72A.jpeg

Finally trying my own NZ Pale. For some reason it was refusing to carbonate so a transferred into a fresh keg and burst carbed. Now it’s drinkable, but needs a a couple of days to clear again. I’ll strip down the first keg at the weekend and see if I can identify a problem.

IMG_2348.jpeg

Last edited:
This is the second French farmhouse style sent by @samale. It’s a Biere de Garde, 6% ABV which means I’ll have room for something else after.
Lovely pour, it’s light amber, crystal clear, medium carbonation and delivered a generous head lasted the whole glass. Toasty malt aromas follow on to the taste. Rich malt forward flavours of toasted bread, caramel and a hint of spice are balanced perfectly with a crisp medium bitter and dry finish.
It’s a great example of a style that’s been on my to-brew list for a long time. I’m inspired to give it a go. Cheer mate, I really enjoyed that one 👏👏
IMG_2349.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back