What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So just poured this Shipyard for me and the hubster to share.

Unfortunately it doesn't taste like I remember it from last time. It's like having a mouthful of rocket - yak! Gave my one to him so he has a queue now 😅 🤣

I'm sure I've had it on cask before in Wetherspoons and it was much nicer. Oh well.

I've had to get something super sweet to take the taste away. I really hate bitter beers. Don't shoot me! 😜

View attachment 88428View attachment 88429

Shipyard is one of my 'go to' bottled beers and Tesco often sell the 5% version for the same price as the 4.5%. Haven't had one for a while though.

My blueberry wheat has been maturing for an extra week, glad to say it's very nice.
20230730_164604.jpg

I’ve got quite a few guest beers lined up, I’m a bit behind on my drinking schedule, I needed to dry out a bit a post-holiday.
@pilgrimhudd sent me an amber lager a few weeks back, and it’s had a chance to settle after the journey.
Great brew, caramel malt flavours stand out. I can’t place the hops, nobelesque but with a bit more citrus. It’s delicious, thanks for sharing mate, I’ll have to get another amber lager on myself 🍻
IMG_2211.jpeg

I’ve got quite a few guest beers lined up, I’m a bit behind on my drinking schedule, I needed to dry out a bit a post-holiday.
@pilgrimhudd sent me an amber lager a few weeks back, and it’s had a chance to settle after the journey.
Great brew, caramel malt flavours stand out. I can’t place the hops, nobelesque but with a bit more citrus. It’s delicious, thanks for sharing mate, I’ll have to get another amber lager on myself 🍻
View attachment 88434

Glad you liked it! I used IH033 hops, I got the mystery pack from the malt miller, description was...

"An addictive finish of lemon/lime zest, fresh melon, sweet hay and wildflowers, all capped by a cinnamon spice that cleanses your palate and lures you back for more"

To be honest i got more bubblegum and haven't been overly keen but I took a couple of bottles to homebrew club and they went down well. 🤷‍♂️

I'm not sure i'd use them again though.

Glad you liked it! I used IH033 hops, I got the mystery pack from the malt miller, description was...

"An addictive finish of lemon/lime zest, fresh melon, sweet hay and wildflowers, all capped by a cinnamon spice that cleanses your palate and lures you back for more"

To be honest i got more bubblegum and haven't been overly keen but I took a couple of bottles to homebrew club and they went down well. 🤷‍♂️

I'm not sure i'd use them again though.
Bubblegum😂, still not tasting that even with the prompt.
I’m getting the citrus zest and hay mainly, hence the ‘nobelesque’ descriptor. I will give you the melon but.

IMG_1996.jpeg

I somehow managed to forget that I had three 5L kegs of my CML St Austell Salute (a Tribute Clone) and after a few months of mostly drinking Weissbier, with the odd IPA or glass of wine I have forgotten just how damm good a lightly carbonated English Pale Ale can be, so much so that I suspect my swift half may turn into two or three more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back