What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh this is good stuff.

How people could drink thr normal cider we get on tap here is beyond me

Attachments

• 20230801_214520.jpg
    20230801_214520.jpg
    33.3 KB
Time I think for a guest beer, this 4.8% honey porter from @Leon103

The picture isn’t the best but it’s a porter, it’s black. The off-white head settled quickly but never fully went away. Carbonation is soft to medium and perfect for this beer.
D591509F-B290-4447-94A4-DE1B58E7AAF6.jpeg

The aroma is lovely, a typical London porter aroma of chocolate and coffee. The flavour is the same. I can’t say I’m getting much of a honey flavour but the beer is very nice, very clean, and very moreish.

Thanks very much Leon, it was a really nice beer.

Time I think for a guest beer, this 4.8% honey porter from @Leon103

The picture isn’t the best but it’s a porter, it’s black. The off-white head settled quickly but never fully went away. Carbonation is soft to medium and perfect for this beer.
View attachment 88487

The aroma is lovely, a typical London porter aroma of chocolate and coffee. The flavour is the same. I can’t say I’m getting much of a honey flavour but the beer is very nice, very clean, and very moreish.

Thanks very much Leon, it was a really nice beer.
Thanks. Forgot you still had this. I agree. Good porter but honey struggles.
Went with 483g at high fermentation which should have given max flavour. The honey is local, really tasty, strong wildflower flavours. On the odd pint I get a hint of sweetness but not much more. Awaiting feedback from the honey producer

Thanks. Forgot you still had this. I agree. Good porter but honey struggles.
Went with 483g at high fermentation which should have given max flavour. The honey is local, really tasty, strong wildflower flavours. On the odd pint I get a hint of sweetness but not much more. Awaiting feedback from the honey producer
I did get a subtle floral note but wasn’t sure if this might be from the hops.

Testing the keg hop level on my Italian Pils.

1000044241.jpg

Not quite there on the hoppiness for me. Is not crystal, but there is some condensation on the glass and sure it will get there.

Refreshing, crisp, and mostly bready. But I'm getting a hint of red berry again, perhaps it wasn't the Saphir in v1 causing that...

Now vocation make pretty consistent beers that are generally of a good level for supermarkets. Picked this up from Sainsbury's.
It's not drain pour ...tastes like Cherry Drops..not sour...not tart...just cherry drops.
It's a sour for people that don't like sour beer🙄 there you go ...I took one for the team....and I like cherry drops but I won't be buying the again.. I suppose if you like cheap sweet zinfandel rose or fruit ciders it might be up your street.
IMG_20230803_211022.jpg
IMG_20230803_190059.jpg
IMG_20230803_190103.jpg

Bit late to the party. Is that Exmoor house, one of my favourite sites, as I love Dulverton a proper village with all the amenities especially the bakery 😀
Yes. Last visited 9 years ago but it's changed so much. Bridge was closed awaiting new owners. Woods is where I drank but closed on Sunday and Monday with a focus now on food rather than pun atmosphere. Lion Hotel wasn't doing Sunday lunch. Loads of shops had changed and site at 50% capacity and poorly looked after. Such a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back