What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last one for me tonight.

CA2E3935-B6C4-48D9-A5F6-FC7B4A073FF0.jpeg

Not drinking yet but I’ve just cleaned my beer lines and swapped out some kegs because we have friends due shortly. She likes lagers, he likes dark beers, I like English ales, and my wife is a bit partial to Imperial stout (as I think might be evident from several of my posts). This is tonight’s menu…
1755B42E-5AC9-4478-900A-B8FB07C42C55.jpeg

I’ve just been tasting the beers to make sure they’re good to go. They are, this is my last taster, the big 12% imperial.
D9A9E3D0-86B1-4914-8A28-264FDBE6AF66.jpeg

I absolutely love this beer brand, but it'd be better without the fruit flavour I think.

It's the background beer I like.

View attachment 88378

It's brewed by Camerons (I think, they seem to change around a bit), who also make their own 4% lager, the inventively named "Camerons Lager". Might not be the same beer of course, but a possibility.

Not drinking yet but I’ve just cleaned my beer lines and swapped out some kegs because we have friends due shortly. She likes lagers, he likes dark beers, I like English ales, and my wife is a bit partial to Imperial stout (as I think might be evident from several of my posts). This is tonight’s menu…
View attachment 88374

I’ve just been tasting the beers to make sure they’re good to go. They are, this is my last taster, the big 12% imperial.
View attachment 88376
I would be surprised if she drank to many lagers above 5.5%...could be lively at yours to tonight😂

So we have here a glass of my homemade cherry wine.

There are two demi-johns of it that are chock-full, and they've been sat in the utility room since November last year I think, as we haven't got round to buying another small syphon. The old one is out of use. We also don't have enough bottles with swing top lids. I've given up on corks because I've had a few bottles go bad.

We suck at getting things done, as there's always so many jobs and not enough time. The wine has been up and down the airlock half a dozen times due to the change in temperature. I honestly expected it to be rank, but it's actually pretty nice!

Probably a stupid idea, but we've poured one DJ into a few jugs, and between me, Jim and Georgia (DIL), we are going to see how much of it we can get through tonight. Might get a bit messy lol 😅 :beer1:

Such a shame to let it go off as I think there's 4kg of frozen cherries in it.

Jim has used 500ml of it in his Bolognese he's currently cooking, so that's a good start! 🙈

Good job it's Saturday!

20230729_163235.jpg
20230729_163439.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back