What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First try of my Russian Imperial, plummy, raisin aroma, no hint of the coffee that I added to aroma or taste. Taste difficult to describe, malty bitter, dark malts and dark sugar. Very little carbonation, head was gone in seconds after a hefty pour. Its pretty decent if not quite what I was expecting. Back to the shed for a few more months you go!

20230712_213759.jpg

Beautiful artwork on the can. Great aroma, like burying your head in a bucket of skittles. The depth of flavour of a can of Fosters. Classic example of how british craft beer has lost the plot. Style over substance.

Attachments

• DSC_0002-01.jpeg
    DSC_0002-01.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 0
No photo but a couple pinta of Seascape by Evan Evans after tonight's ride. I used to think all their beer was the same liquid with a different name but had a few different ones recently and they have been lovely. They are cask beers and this one was nicely presented pale with a lovely citrus flavour.

IMG_20230714_162305445~2.jpg

A lovely English Bitter from @Stu's Brews

Brief review it's a nice clear amber/copper colour, carbonation I would say is spot on. Quite crisp with some maltyness, nicely bittered with an earthy slightly floral hop flavour, everything on the money for a Bitter. Great first pint of the weekend. Cheers Stu 🍺

Last edited:
Rattler jealous of the weather where ever you are it’s absolutely miserable where I am
It’s a bit naff here as well, chucked it down all day, but just got a break in the clouds to sit out side for a while. So don’t feel jealous.

So giving my Saison a taste again 😀 think I’ll send a bottle off for this months comp, still too sweet for style but any feedback will be good.

3C6B849A-E033-4969-80BA-7159C7DE6B92.jpeg

Black as the clouds and my mood having to doing the big shop.

Pairs quite well with Chilli Con Carne and paprika fries.

DSC_0002-01.jpeg

As an aside I always think the beauty of homebrew is how easy it is to brew a stout fuller and richer than the brand that's used as shorthand for the style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back