What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moving on to try first glass of the American Wheat beer I brewed towards the end of May. At 6.2%ABV it will send me to sleep so might take a while to work through 5 gallons!
IMG_20230705_184226631.jpg

IMG_1952.jpeg

My keg of Weissbier kicked, luckily I had a fresh keg ready to go. This batch was a bit of an experiment, as I used DME for a change and tried to bring the ABV down to 4% (the previous batch was according to my readings 5.2% but going by how two pints would leave me far more intoxicated than I feel I should have being I do have a sinking suspicion that I misread the hydrometer and it was closer to 6 or even 7% it may also have fermented a bit more in the keg), tasted good though.

Taste wise it is a bit heavier on the cloves than my normal Weissbier, still has a little banana but not as much as normal which surprises me as I fermented fairly high. I was a little worried that the lower ABV would leave me with a much thinner beer, and while if I’m honest I think taste wise the previous batch was better this is still pretty good and it is nice to have something that is a bit more of a quaffable summer beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back