What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Munich Helles. A possible competition entry if my German pilsner doesn't cut it.
20230626_195746.jpg

I’m having a Pirate Pale to celebrate the completion of a small job I’ve been meaning to do - I’ve just fitted an “air admittance valve” to my under-bar sink to stop it from glugging when I empty it. The silence as the sink drains is so satisfying I feel far more happy than I ought for such a simple thing!

3B9757AD-7674-47C6-91D6-22095A4EF8A2.jpeg

First up this evening is a Altbier kindly sent by @samale

Nice dark copper colour, good head when poured and plenty of lacing on the glass aroma is malty with a raisin/plum.
Malty flavours but clean with a mild toast and a little toffee. It has a mild herbal hop flavour and medium bitterness. Drinks a little like a English pale as it has a medium body with the medium bitterness.
Very nice easy drinking beer, nice and smooth. I think for my taste it could do with a little more bitterness and a bit more German hop flavour. Good brew👍🏼
IMG_20230627_181352.jpg

Last edited:
First up this evening is a Altbier kindly sent by @samale

Nice dark copper colour, good head when poured and plenty of lacing on the glass aroma is malty with a raisin/plum.
Malty flavours but clean with a mild toast and a little toffee. It has a mild herbal hop flavour and medium bitterness. Drinks a little like a English pale as it has a medium body with the medium bitterness.
Very nice easy drinking beer, nice and smooth. I think for my taste it could do with a little more bitterness and a bit more German hop flavour. Good brew👍🏼
View attachment 87258
Cheers Dave. My previous Altbier was very similar to an English bitter. The one you had is my second attempt, I changed the yeast. This one was Cali common from CML, it had a cleaner finish and less body. Both nice beers 👍

After a long walk around the harbour in Dubrovnik we happened across a nice little restaurant (called "Peppers") in the middle of a building site (they're rebuilding the road) and they were still open!
IMG_20230627_141915684.jpg

This the draught lager, well I was very hot and thirsty.
After a slow stroll back after lunch, time for a supermarket can bought yesterday and suitably chilled.
IMG_20230627_175325156_HDR.jpg

After a long walk around the harbour in Dubrovnik we happened across a nice little restaurant (called "Peppers") in the middle of a building site (they're rebuilding the road) and they were still open!
View attachment 87269
This the draught lager, well I was very hot and thirsty.
After a slow stroll back after lunch, time for a supermarket can bought yesterday and suitably chilled.
View attachment 87270

Was in Croatia last September (Split), beautiful. Will have to add Dubrovnik onto the list. Were a few craft places and I did have this Zmasjska Pils, but was more than happy to just drink Krušovice Černé most of the time.

Are they just using Euros now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back