What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes thats the one, but it's whatever version book i have, talked about this with another forum member who had a another version of wheelers book and recipe is a bit different.
It's my favourite beer ever, bar none. Have you ever had it on cask? It's absolutely fantastic. In the windmill bar at Batemans, that and XXXB are always on absolute too form and I am happy as a pig in sh*t.

I think I've got all of the versions of Wheeler, but I've never tried his victory because I've never had a huge amount of luck with his XXXB. Is it any good?

First pint for nearly a week I brewed this on 21/3/23 my first proper temp control brew, I can honestly say it is a cracker, extra pale malt and flaked maize hops are Pacifica and progress
IMG_1628.jpeg

It's my favourite beer ever, bar none. Have you ever had it on cask? It's absolutely fantastic. In the windmill bar at Batemans, that and XXXB are always on absolute too form and I am happy as a pig in sh*t.

I think I've got all of the versions of Wheeler, but I've never tried his victory because I've never had a huge amount of luck with his XXXB. Is it any good?

Its a great beer, I've not had it in cask or bottle for years, maybe 10??

I like the version I've brewed, is it similar? I really can't remember as it's been so long.

I'll just check through my brew days and get you my recipe if you want. I have to say, all the the Wheeler beers i've done have been great.

We went out again last night for another birthday celebration but this time at the other end of the scale, a 76th birthday (no, not mine!). The pub only had Abbott and Green King IPA, not my favourites but I had a few pints of Abbott.

In contrast right now I’m drinking a pint of Italian Pils left with me by @YeastFace after his visit yesterday. I thought as it’s an Italian Pils I should serve it cold in an Italian Pils glass.
269ACEBD-C37D-462A-AE9A-9FA22D53EC17.jpeg

The beer is really nice. You can see it’s crystal clear, effervescent, and a lovely light golden-yellow colour. The aroma is sweet berry fruit and doughy malt. Yeastface did clue me in with strawberry and I guess that is what it reminds me of. The strawberry does come through in the flavour but it isn’t strong. As the strawberry fades the malt shines through and is like white bread crust. Toward the end there are subtle notes of wood and lime. The beer is nicely balanced between hops and malt, and the bitterness is on point leaving a dry clean finish. I would happily drink this all afternoon but alas I only had one bottle and that’s now gone. 😢

I really enjoyed your Italian Pils Yeastface, thanks very much!

Ive just put in a long day in the brewery. Starter prepared for Tuesdays Dubbel brew, I’ll pitch the yeast in that tonight. Kegs, lines and Brewbucket all cleaned. Czech pils transferred from conical and on gas. FTSS2 kit for Brewbucket unpacked and set up (mid life crisis moment, but the cold side is finally complete). And now I’m bottling some wit for the June swap.
It’s been thirsty work.

IMG_2065.jpeg

Time for a guest beer. It’s a Strata Pale Ale from @phildo79.
Clarity is great, medium carbonation with a decent long lived head. Soft citrus aromas predominate. Bready malts and complemented by tropical fruit hop flavours, I’m getting a tonne of passion fruit. Its a really well made beer and was gone in a flash.
Cheers mate, top brew. Thanks for sharing it 🍻

IMG_2068.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back