What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First try of my Belgian Single..used lallemand Farmhouse on this batch.. liking the flavours, needs some extra carbonation but nice flavours for a session Belgian
IMG_20230623_190554.jpg

Drinking a beer I too often overlook when picking up Belgians from a local beer shop. Probably because it makes me yearn for the unfiltered Zot at De Halve Maan.

Blueberry Tart Pale Ale 🍺. Weird. Bought just one to try. Glad I just bought one. Tastes like bubblegum and I’m not a fan of bubblegum. But I’ll drink it for the experience.

Attachments

• IMG_5167.jpeg
    IMG_5167.jpeg
    49.6 KB
Not intended Belgian IPA.

Looking quite murky but is the first pour from the keg. Added brausol so hopefully it should clear a bit more. Was 220g of hops in a 11.5l batch so perhaps that's expected. Bit worried it looks a bit oxidised.

20230623_211816.jpg

I take it the bottles weren't a fantastic selection of Belgian ales and German lagers?
The usual collection of lagers, a couple of ciders, Guinness, London Pride and Meantime Pale. All were 330ml and £4.45.

I had a few London Pride but 330ml is very quickly gone so I spent most of the evening NOT drinking - such a tease! When I got home I was pleased to be able pour a decent glass full and once gone immediately pour another!

SWMBO got me two of these as part of the 4 for £6.50 from TESCO i haven't tried it before so am looking forward to it.
Not sure what to have after it i have a few to choose from
;)

Carefully selected dark malts with delicate roasting aromas give ERDINGER Dunkel its full-bodied flavor and strong character.

This elegant wheat beer has a lustrous, deep dark-brown appearance in the glass. The first sip reveals a harmonious symphony of carefully selected wheat and barley malts with exquisite Hallertau aroma hops. The taste buds detect hints of caramel, nuts and fresh bread. An unmistakable top-fermenting accent is provided by ERDINGER’s traditional yeast.

ERDINGER Dunkel first saw the light of day in 1989, when ERDINGER’s master brewers created a dark wheat beer as a birthday present for the private brewery’s owner, Werner Brombach. He liked it so much that he decided to put it on the market in 1990.

View attachment 87094

I enjoyed the Erdinger Dunkel and will buy it again.

1687601310870.png

Out on a jolly to Arundel with SWMBO.

At the fauna tap room drinking this
View attachment 87120
Don’t know how well you know Arundel, but while you’re jollying you might want to pop in the Norfolk Tap by the Norfolk Hotel down in the town and/or The Brewhouse just off the A27 going East out of Arundel at Crossbush.

I’m having a glass of my Pirate Pale but I’m afraid it isn’t my first beer of the day - that was a best bitter. Then @YeastFace arrived for a beer and we tried a few others. He’s had to go now but it was really nice to meet a fellow beer enthusiast, hopefully he’ll pop back soon. The rest of you have an open invite 😉

10B9E460-394D-47C3-8CFC-A13B9155B501.jpeg

Found a crate of Muntons Taproom ‘Simply The Zest’ Radler style beer at the back of the garage It was so awful that I forgot about it and it’s been there since July 2022.
After this I vowed that I wouldn’t brew extract kits ever again !
Threw a couple of bottles in the fridge yesterday what a surprise ! It’s really not too bad in the Lincolnshire sunshine sorry Muntons I owe you an apology.

Attachments

• IMG_0265.jpeg
    IMG_0265.jpeg
    48.4 KB
Found a crate of Muntons Taproom ‘Simply The Zest’ Radler style beer at the back of the garage It was so awful that I forgot about it and it’s been there since July 2022.
After this I vowed that I wouldn’t brew extract kits ever again !
Threw a couple of bottles in the fridge yesterday what a surprise ! It’s really not too bad in the Lincolnshire sunshine sorry Muntons I owe you an apology.
Maybe you’re just really thirsty! 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back