What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A sample of the Belgo-American IPA.

20230629_191235.jpg

Still no clarity. Perhaps just too many hops as had no adjuncts and wort was nice and clear.

Think the colour, which I was a bit concerned might be oxodation, is just due to the vienna and crystal. This was intended to be a super-clear, old-school West-coast IPA but circumstances happened.

A very nice offering from @samale . An altbier. Not a style I am massively familiar with but I have had a few of them over the years. Colour are carb is spot on. Abv seems on the money, for the style. It's clean and crisp, with a malty backbone.

Honestly, I would not be disappointed if I got served this in a bar in cologne. Another very good example of the style from a cnut that knows how to brew. Well done, sir.

Attachments

• DSC_0152.JPG
    DSC_0152.JPG
    39.4 KB
IMG_20230630_160840_edit_2133392651346015.jpg

I haven't contributed much recently but as we're in Cherbourg for the weekend it's an ideal opportunity to try some great beer. First trip to the supermarket I got 7 different bottles.
First up Goudale IPA. Rubbish head retention but 50 IBUs of Simcoe and Cascade. 7.2%. Nice.

Would love to try a Goudale, seen a few of the lorries driving around it never seen it for sale anywhere

First beer of the day is a Mallinson's Nelson Sauvignon. Decent beer, didn't take a pic as I messed up the pour and got the yeast sediment

View attachment 87343
I haven't contributed much recently but as we're in Cherbourg for the weekend it's an ideal opportunity to try some great beer. First trip to the supermarket I got 7 different bottles.
First up Goudale IPA. Rubbish head retention but 50 IBUs of Simcoe and Cascade. 7.2%. Nice.
Looks like a dram of single malt in that glass

A very nice offering from @samale . An altbier. Not a style I am massively familiar with but I have had a few of them over the years. Colour are carb is spot on. Abv seems on the money, for the style. It's clean and crisp, with a malty backbone.

Honestly, I would not be disappointed if I got served this in a bar in cologne. Another very good example of the style from a cnut that knows how to brew. Well done, sir.
It's a nice easy drinking beer. 👌

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back