What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A pint of the porter I kegged a few days ago. Heaps of coffee and chocolate.

D8500022-A93A-4CD8-B4E2-3CA28ECAFF04.jpeg

Late on the go with Sunday Dinner today - poaching the chicken before roasting, and have added some cloves and cinnamon to make it a wee bit more festive. A saison to go along with the usual kitchen disco playlist - being bad and not even using a glass 😱🙊
View attachment 79073
What's the beer like?... spelling looks how my 4 year old would spell saison with this phonics way of learning..😋

What's the beer like?... spelling looks how my 4 year old would spell saison with this phonics way of learning..😋
It’s rather yum - soft but prominent orange and ginger, a bit of yeast saison complexity, probably a little sweeter than strictly to style. I reckon it would make a great summer cocktail with ice and fresh mint. 😌

what's the advantage of that, is it just for the flavouring opportunity?
It’s a French method of doing a roast chicken which I’ve found takes all the guess work out of cooking a chicken, keeps it moist and gives crispy skin. Several years ago The Guardian did an article on the perfect roast chicken using this method and I’ve used it ever since. It does also mean you can flavour it as well 😋😍.
I triple cook my roasties as routine now as well - which is easier this time of year since we have a blast chiller outside the kitchen door as a garden!

And now we’ll resume normal service .. a glass of my west coast IPA which I reckon still tastes pretty scrummy.
1844D99C-0BB1-4893-BEC5-74E3E396862D.jpeg

This one of mine is just too bitter for me yet compared to an absolute cracker I did last year has the same hop content except for an extra 5gms of Citra at 60 mins and the introduction of an extra hop viz. 10gms of Chinook at 10 mins before the end of the boil. The staging and weight of hops was otherwise identical.
20221211_180816.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back