What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gatwick. £7.88 for a pint of Neck Oil (the only ale on tap).

153E0AB0-DBD7-4CF0-A14F-F513F46A8CC9.jpeg

We went there for a family holiday a few years ago
Did the Mumble Mile many many years ago and it was chucking it down with rain on the way back to our friends in Swansea Marina.. Upon leaving the taxi someone asked what about a tip. My mate piped up.. Don’t drive so fast in the wet and walked off 😄

Back in Wales for ten days so celebrating with a Lidl Porter!
I really like the taste of that, but I always feel very queasy after a bottle. No other beer does that. In the interests of research I keep trying it in case my local Lidl just have a bad batch....

Went fishing in my own backyard today, rained most of the day. This is where my brewing water comes from, in the Christmas Hills. 96,000 million litres capacity.

Before.
View attachment 76865

After, a nice English IPA

View attachment 76866
Sounds rubbish...fishing in the Christmas Hills,drinking...bah!
Three of my favourite things..fishing,Christmas, drinking!

How do you rate it compared to other porters you have tasted?

View attachment 76891
It's not a variety I have drunk much in the past but it is one of three I have tried recently all of which have been good in different ways. For the price £1.25 (I think) this is very good and 5%. Aldi do a Harpers (Marstons in a cheap suit) Plum Porter at 4.8% for about the same price which is also very palatable. Aldi have also brought out a London Porter brewed for them by St Peters at 4.5% for £1.49 which is also very drinkable and nicely balanced.

My parents were staying in mumbles a few weeks ago and I had suggested the taproom to my dad but he didn't make it there but he managed to have a few pints in the Pilot. We went there for a family holiday a few years ago and my dad mentioned that one of the micro pubs that we went to in mumbles had closed down. Was that recent?
I don't recall there being one there. There was one where the owners moved to the Victoria Inn bit it's best avoided unless you like dogs up on the bar trying to slurp your pint. Ty cwrw is next to the Carlton hotel but only opens from 4 on weekdays that's not bad.

I wanted to start the evening of with one of my quads. Popped the cap and nothing, flat as a pancake 😭 That's what I get for recycling caps I guess.

Cracked open a can of this peanut brittle stout instead. It's ok, the peanut brittle taste is there, but it's quite thin for a stout.
PXL_20221027_153615970.jpg

I wanted to start the evening of with one of my quads. Popped the cap and nothing, flat as a pancake 😭 That's what I get for recycling caps I guess.

Cracked open a can of this peanut brittle stout instead. It's ok, the peanut brittle taste is there, but it's quite thin for a stout. View attachment 76907
Not sure why anyone would reuse caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back