What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After a brew day fancied a thirst quencher
IMG_20221023_165244.jpg

Now on to a sample of my Schwarzbier.
IMG_20221023_183409.jpg

Thanks for the kind words, glad you enjoyed it. This was another Brew con entry so hopefully will find out their thoughts shortly 🤪. This.was Wyeast Farmhouse strain, think I prefer the Wyeast version of the Dupont strain as this I find fairly fruity (Wyeast 3724 came across less so).
Recipe below
https://share.brewfather.app/uZpbVHT9Da5mnD
That’s an interesting grain bill. I’ve never seen Spelt Malt before, but I’ve used the flour a lot when baking bread. I’m assuming that it was that and the wheat that made me think ‘honey’.

That’s an interesting grain bill. I’ve never seen Spelt Malt before, but I’ve used the flour a lot when baking bread. I’m assuming that it was that and the wheat that made me think ‘honey’.
Meant to be similar to wheat but a slightly nutty flavour and slightly drying mouthfeel I think..like to mix the 2 in saisons and hoppy Belgian pale to add something different.

View attachment 76763
Damm Complot IPA. A week of Spanish beer ahead. Shops dominated by the big brands but an increasing variety within them. Not just premium Eurolagers. This is pretty good. Punchy at 6.6% with good hoppy character. Goes well with a mini sobrasada sarnie.
I think that was one of the best beers I could get in Mallorca last time I was there.

Wanted to do a head to head with my Czech pils. I really think I need to do the decoction to get this malty goodness that PU has. I may try some Munich and melanoiden next batch and see where that gets me. And this is much less hoppy than mine. It's older too.

20221024_140544.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back