What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something different.
A.belgian pale

Attachments

• 20221022_220851.jpg
    20221022_220851.jpg
    27.8 KB
What’s the Brecon Beer like. Looks interesting.
It's a triple IPA or imperial IPA they do a black one so like an overpowered bipa as well as a standard imperial IPA. I'd say they are closest to brewdogs Mr president and then turned up a notch. Mind peroxide and mind bleach available in McArthur glens Bridgend from their beer kiosk athumb..

Feeling a bit meh today - I’ve had a few days off work but ended up with a cough and feeling rotten (not COVID). Sunday and I’m now feeling a bit better of course 🙄. Thought I’d cheer myself up with some ‘luxuries’ - to go in the fridge for a wee bit later when cooking. Doing beef fillet with triple cooked chips for the OH just to really have a bit of retail therapy!
B50A90B1-CDE3-4EA2-B5ED-C72CCF3A81B5.jpeg

Oh darn - I seem to have accidentally opened one of these before it reached the fridge 😀. Icelandic pale ale : this has crisp bright Hallertau notes with quite a bit of bitterness. It’s on the margin of being a lager but has light malt flavour too - tastes like MO as a base. The bitterness has quite some oomph as it warms up 😳 - I think it would have been better chilled. Nice but I’m not convinced it’s worth its price tag.
8CAFFF33-C07D-4384-A275-14704A38625F.jpeg

This is yummy! I get a slight roastiness which is just right for me but personally I don’t get mint at all, well very minimally. The husband says it's like an after eight.

View attachment 76765

I didn't really get the mint either. Which perhaps indicates that at least they didn't use artificial flavouring.

Evening all, it’s guest beer time at chez70. I’m opening proceedings with a Saison kindly sent by @dave_77.
Delicious soft malt character with a touch of honey flavour is the perfect backdrop to a strong yeast character, clove phenols leading fruit esters and perfectly balanced. It’s yet another great brew from Dave, thank you for sending it my way.
A89FAB63-6A36-462F-99BB-2D6FD33D3DE3.jpeg

Evening all, it’s guest beer time at chez70. I’m opening proceedings with a Saison kindly sent by @dave_77.
Delicious soft malt character with a touch of honey flavour is the perfect backdrop to a strong yeast character, clove phenols leading fruit esters and perfectly balanced. It’s yet another great brew from Dave, thank you for sending it my way.
View attachment 76790
Thanks for the kind words, glad you enjoyed it. This was another Brew con entry so hopefully will find out their thoughts shortly 🤪. This.was Wyeast Farmhouse strain, think I prefer the Wyeast version of the Dupont strain as this I find fairly fruity (Wyeast 3724 came across less so).
Recipe below
https://share.brewfather.app/uZpbVHT9Da5mnD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back