What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like your style 😉. Good to see you back in the fold too 👍
Life has been busy this year. Hopefully I'll be back on form in the next few months 🤞

But for now, another beer or two
PXL_20221017_104321404.jpg

My wife bought me last months beer52 subscription for my birthday and it's the Netherlands month.

IMG_20221016_185257.jpg

Last night's starter was a Golden Delicious PA brewed/bottled in Spring / Summer last year.
More correctly pretty pale golden in the flesh than the photo looks. Not a million miles out in taste, just a little more bitter. There was some condition, honest, but I over chilled it in case it gushed
It didn't.

Can't keep the paws off the bitter. Probavly should brew another tomorrow, this one won't last a couple weeks.

View attachment 76480
I have a best bitter about to come out of the fermenter. When it does, another batch of the full English will go back in. Can’t be without a bitter, it’s my staple.

I have a best bitter about to come out of the fermenter. When it does, another batch of the full English will go back in. Can’t be without a bitter, it’s my staple.
I have been wanting to make your recipe, I keep forgetting to buy some fuggles though. I may throw in some of the comet I bought to give it a try today and then pick some fuggles up for the next batch. I was pretty happy with the bitter gold I used in the last batch. I have no English hops currently in the freezer.

I have been wanting to make your recipe, I keep forgetting to buy some fuggles though. I may throw in some of the comet I bought to give it a try today and then pick some fuggles up for the next batch. I was pretty happy with the bitter gold I used in the last batch. I have no English hops currently in the freezer.
Wot? No Fuggles? Shame on you 😉

I don’t think I’ve ever used Comet. From the description it might make a nice golden ale.

Wot? No Fuggles? Shame on you 😉

I don’t think I’ve ever used Comet. From the description it might make a nice golden ale.
Yeah the few times I have used it, it tasted like dirt too me. Willamette too. I think I need to try it again with other hops.

I have never used comet before either. It should be good in a bitter I think, will just lean more to an American amber is suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back