What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A little snifter (ish) of bourbon barrel-aged imperial stout on nitro. Silky and deadly šŸ˜

4A152C91-A075-4331-AE66-A06C549F490C.jpeg

Good idea! Thereā€™s not much of the weekend left now so time for a bit of ā€œyouā€ time. You know youā€™re worth it! šŸŽŗ
Yep,back to the nuthouse tomorrow. I got lots to do...brewing,fishing,the dreaded painting! Next block off will mostly be painting and hopefully a brew day.

695C70C1-82C0-4282-A0FF-30F5DAE7F967.jpeg
The nice thing about Turbo cider is with the exception of boiling a kettle to make a cup of tea to toss in it I am not dealing with large amounts of boiling hot liquid meaning that I can toss together a batch of it despite having had a couple of bottles of the stuff something which I wouldnā€™t dream of doing with beer (that way lay severe burns) so Turbo Cider to celebrate making a fresh batch of TurBo Cider.

Iā€™ve been a bit out of sorts after the Palma golf trip that ended last weekend, I must have got a dirty pint somewhere along the way. Iā€™ve finally recovered enough to sample an American Amber kindly sent by @dave_77.
It pours well; the clarity is better than the photo suggests, carbonation is good and the colour is medium to deep amber. The hit of citrus hop aroma on pouring is impressive. The flavour is balanced between malts and hops with pine and grapefruit citrus flavours standing out. The crisp dry finish is dangerous as the flavours wash off the palate pulling you back for another swig.
Itā€™s a lovely beer, and itā€™s definitely helped me rethink my next recipe iteration. Cheers Dave, thank you for sharing it.

0093085B-7264-48ED-BC43-E539ED85A38D.jpeg

Last bottle of my American Pale. A score of 36 in the NAB competition. Nice bitterness but not enough hop flavour or aroma. Dry hopped with 70g cascade but probably need to leave it in longer or use more.

32D141D2-38EC-4A84-9269-FB0F031B807F.jpeg

Last edited:
Iā€™ve been a bit out of sorts after the Palma golf trip that ended last weekend, I must have got a dirty pint somewhere along the way. Iā€™ve finally recovered enough to sample an American Amber kindly sent by @dave_77.
It pours well; the clarity is better than the photo suggests, carbonation is good and the colour is medium to deep amber. The hit of citrus hop aroma on pouring is impressive. The flavour is balanced between malts and hops with pine and grapefruit citrus flavours standing out. The crisp dry finish is dangerous as the flavours wash off the palate pulling you back for another swig.
Itā€™s a lovely beer, and itā€™s definitely helped me rethink my next recipe iteration. Cheers Dave, thank you for sharing it.

View attachment 76427
Cheers for the feedback and glad you enjoyed..be interesting to see what the Brewcon feedback was. Its actually been 36 days in keg and tasting alot better than the first couple of weeks as if the haze was carrying some tannins, really enjoying it now.

Iā€™m having a Pilsner from Attic. This is one of the beers I got as a prize. Itā€™s actually very nice - Urquell-esque. In the background my Nottingham starter and a bit of a ninja - it just bubbles very gently for ages and thenā€¦

3617DD50-8DFF-4783-918F-37093D05D29E.jpeg

Stewart Brewing DIPA from Lidl. This is way, way above my pay grade, being 7%. This is what happens when you don't take your reading glasses with you to the supermarket! :D

I suppose the routine thing said about this type of beer is it 'hides its alcohol well'. Well it does, but I know I'll feel it later. All their beers I've had seem pretty good, though, to be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back