What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
doom bar amber.
really not for me.
actually struggling to finish it, first that's happened in a while, but finish it i will.

Last edited:
Not had this for a few years. Quite bitter.

20210213_154600.jpg

First of the day is one of these from Badger, not had one before, it's ok. Centennial, amarillo and wgv hops. Not much aroma, quite bitter with a malty backbone, colour is amber, medium light mouthfeel, am enjoying it more and am getting more fruity hops as it warms. I would happily have it again but I wouldn't rush to buy it.

20210213_164707.jpg

I went off doom bar years ago, it's just so bland now in my opinion.
I find Doombar to just be very generic, not bad but bland and boring.
i've heard it talked about here and there (and to be honest i quite like the name) but it was just...cloying and maybe musty.
there's a reason why i don't do beer reviews. can't get words to replicate what my taste buds are telling me.

Well I had the poops last night (dodgy cheesecake!) so have some left over ginger beer and "El Cuatlacas" (Coopers Cerveza) to finish tonight. Outside I have a bottle of "Laserbeak" (Coopers 86 days plus malt wheaties) chilling in a bucket of frozen rainwater. I love how easy it is to turn a cheap kit into loads of beer. Both the Coopers beers were bottled in October and taste amazing.

Anyone else excited about the masked singer final tonight?
I'm trying to calm my nerves with hoppy beer and pork scratchings :laugh8:

20210213_170923.jpg

i've heard it talked about here and there (and to be honest i quite like the name) but it was just...cloying and maybe musty.
there's a reason why i don't do beer reviews. can't get words to replicate what my taste buds are telling me.
Their is a skill to writing good beer reviews which I sadly lack.

Case in point what I’m currently drinking Butty Bach rather nice 👍

Anyone else excited about the masked singer final tonight?
I'm trying to calm my nerves with hoppy beer and pork scratchings :laugh8:

View attachment 41480
i have no idea what the masked singer is but i could go a bag of those right now. my egg fried rice was missing eggs and has left me wanting something tasty to go with current pint (AIPA)

Next up, @matt76 Mexican Lager, first, a caveat, lager is not my thing at all.

So mine opened with a satisfying hiss and poured with a decent head which dissipated quite quickly, decent lacing all the way down though. Carbonation possibly a bit on the low side.

Aroma, bready with watermelon.

Looks golden and fairly clear a little bit of haze, but possibly because I got this on wednesday and it's not had time to settle properly.

Medium to light bodied, as it warms the motueka comes through, for me it's a little sweet.

As you say it would be great on a warm day around a bbq, its not my favourite but that's probably style more than anything. My biggest critique would be that I've found it too sweet. It improves a lot as it warms funnily enough. Overall pretty good, I'd definitely order a pint!
20210213_185248.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back