What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a bottle of hillsted farm 'horny bull stout' from Tesco that was so sour it tasted like a Brett stout. I emailed them, telling them there might be an infection and tried my best to identify it. I wasn't looking anything in return but they didn't even acknowledge the email. They won't be getting any of my money ever again.
I agree it can happen anywhere to anyone but at least have the grace to own up to it. I explained I was a home brewer and picked up the taste for what it was where others might not know what it was and see the beer as a rotten taste and never touch it again or any other craft beer. But to go at me for pointing it out was not good business. Even worse to ignore the mail completely. That brewery is get er brewed as well so why have massive customer relations with that and none with the brewery ??

I agree it can happen anywhere to anyone but at least have the grace to own up to it. I explained I was a home brewer and picked up the taste for what it was where others might not know what it was and see the beer as a rotten taste and never touch it again or any other craft beer. But to go at me for pointing it out was not good business. Even worse to ignore the mail completely. That brewery is get er brewed as well so why have massive customer relations with that and none with the brewery ??
Hillsted and get er brewed are connected? I mean I know they are from the same area (same county as me) but didn't know they were linked. It's funny how just one bad experience can leave such an unpleasant taste (no pun intended) in the mouth.

Hillsted and get er brewed are connected? I mean I know they are from the same area (same county as me) but didn't know they were linked. It's funny how just one bad experience can leave such an unpleasant taste (no pun intended) in the mouth.
Linked as in geterbrewed supply them or is the same owner's

As far as I’m aware they are one in the same. I have brewed the horny bull stout from an all grain kit they sell. I think the brewery proceeds the wholesale business.
I could be wrong
But I rarely am 😜

https://www.flavourly.com/discover/beer/hilstown-brewery-from-beef-to-beer/
Well it makes sense. They also contact brew. In other words they brew and you rebrand it as your own. In fairness I haven't been to impressed with any of their stuff.
Maybe horny bull As the exception

Well it makes sense. They also contact brew. In other words they brew and you rebrand it as your own. In fairness I haven't been to impressed with any of their stuff.
Maybe horny bull As the exception
I think they brew a local beer in Derry as well that is branded as brewed in Derry ?
horny bull is a good stout and the kit is as good as their bottle.

That boy could find unicorn *****. You think he would send his best Derry mate down a bottle 😜
You know what I'll do for you, mate, I'll make a clone of that beer and send you a bottle along with the original. That's just how effing decent I am! Harumph!!!

No one local brews a good strong anything. They start out brewing what makes them happy then end up brewing what makes them money, simple commerce. Hard to find a beer over 6%
True it's the same line up. Irish red ale, pale ale and a stout. You can understand why, all low cost.
Very difficult to start out with a imperial stout in Derry where it's 5 pounds in the off license. Most people and I used to be one of them would expect 8 cans for that price

True it's the same line up. Irish red ale, pale ale and a stout. You can understand why, all low cost.
Very difficult to start out with a imperial stout in Derry where it's 5 pounds in the off license. Most people and I used to be one of them would expect 8 cans for that price
Stiger or Bavaria ?

First cab off the ranks, the last of the Summer Ale, (sounds like a good title for a sitcom) appropriate too, not to long now before we are into autumn.:(
011.JPG

Without checking the recipe I know what my bittering hop was in this. 'Target' this is a hop and a half, going to incorporate this hop in my ESB's.
My early ESB's I used this then moved on to Ella and Super Pride, Target outshines them.
Picked the veggies to go with tonight's dinner, cauli, broccoli and eggplant, (bar the tomatoes), lamb shanks in red wine and mushroom sauce. Doesn't seem that long ago that the shanks were bought solely for the dog. How times have changed, and the price, used to be able to get 4 for $4, 2 for $14 now.
A discreet pint of ESB, away from prying eyes.
013.JPG

First cab off the ranks, the last of the Summer Ale, (sounds like a good title for a sitcom) appropriate too, not to long now before we are into autumn.:(
View attachment 41454
Without checking the recipe I know what my bittering hop was in this. 'Target' this is a hop and a half, going to incorporate this hop in my ESB's.
My early ESB's I used this then moved on to Ella and Super Pride, Target outshines them.
Picked the veggies to go with tonight's dinner, cauli, broccoli and eggplant, (bar the tomatoes), lamb shanks in red wine and mushroom sauce. Doesn't seem that long ago that the shanks were bought solely for the dog. How times have changed, and the price, used to be able to get 4 for $4, 2 for $14 now.
A discreet pint of ESB, away from prying eyes.
View attachment 41455

Pfft 'eggplant', bet you call bleddy courgette 'zucchini' and all.... 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back