What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quality 👌
IMG_20210213_201152494.jpg

@matt76 Munich Helles, well carbed, good head which lasts.

Not much of an aroma, but floral and bready

I accidentally poured some of the yeast in, so not as clear as it possibly should be.

Taste wise, quite bready, some hop bitterness, again floral, nice I like it. Medium bodied I'd say, but again (and I thought this before I read your own review) it's a bit sweet for me. I get that slightly cloying feeling after a swig.

That said, I prefer this one to the Mexican Lager, this one has in my opinion got more depth of flavour and I've enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing!!

20210213_200344.jpg

The big boy doppelbock is planned for next week. Just researching a dark Czech lager.
Has anyone brewed on. Sounds interesting.

Is "saucery" as in things to do with saucers or indeed sauces,or "sorcery" the type of things wizards and the like get up to?
I ask as I can't see the can properly.
Saucery... I'm sure it's intentional.

The big boy doppelbock is planned for next week. Just researching a dark Czech lager.
Has anyone brewed on. Sounds interesting.

This was my Doppelbock

The recipe for today...

Doppelbock ~ 9%

Water profile is similar to Munich - SO4:120, Cl:60, Ca:83

7.0Kg Munich malt 79.6%
1.0Kg Crystal 385 11.4%
400g Torrified wheat 4.5%
300g Melanoidin malt 3.4%
100g Chocolate malt 1.1%

Stepped mash
Mash at 142F, 15m
Mash at 154F, 25m
Mash at 162F, 30m
Mash at 170F, 10m

40g Hallertauer Mittelfruh AA=3.9% 60 mins IBUs=20

10g Hallertauer Mittelfruh AA=3.9% 10 mins IBUs=1

23 litres in FV, OG=1074
California Lager Yeast starter

Second sample of my wheaty chinook cascade user upper. It's getting there!

Attachments

• IMG_20210213_203605.jpg
    IMG_20210213_203605.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 37
Haven't had a chance to post about beer, engrossed with the rugby. A few pilsner deep but now in the bipa, the keg that is never ending. Perhaps a dipa next.

Engrossed with rugby, certainly wasn’t the England game!
Scotland deserved to win, they played well again.
what the hell is Eddie doing with his player line up.....sack him.

Ok, last one of @matt76 beers for the night (probably).

Well two actually, no pics as i've poured 4 glasses for me and the mrs of the 2 versions of Matts Amber Hoppy Ales matt76's Brewdays | Page 23 | The HomeBrew Forum and matt76's Brewdays | Page 21 | The HomeBrew Forum .

Just to get the obvious out the way first and you did mention it, v2 needs more fizz.

V1, pours lovely, head which lasts, beautifully clear, strong piney resiny aroma, taste similiar to aroma, bitterness perfect for me. Medium mouthfeel, this is lovely beer mate.

V2, Pretty similiar to above but less aroma and bitterness. What I would say is that as it warms it improves a lot, perhaps i didn't let V1 warm up enough because I drank it too quickly. My mrs prefers this one.

For me V1 is as near to perfect as you can get, I loved it and I will be copying this recipe for sure!!

It needs a while, not as long as an Imperial but still several weeks. Mine is 9 weeks conditioned and is becoming silky smooth and intensely malty. I already had your name against one of these 😉
I have a summer breeze plus a Czech pils for you. I will send them with the doppelbock when I bottle it. You can condition it in sunny England 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back