Secret Santa 2013

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sifting is underway now at SSHQ so please bare with us and your swapping details will be sent out as outlined in the joining instructions.
The beer swap has a had a much improved participation on the summer event so I'm really looking forward to the feed back and embarrassing Xmas jumper photos coming flooding in.
Don't forget when posting your brews to include your love letters!! :whistle:
KC :thumb:

Just a short reminder that we are only seven days away from the start of the postal section of Secret Santa 2013.
Look out for your swapping details and post as quickly as you can in order to ensure plenty of settling time.

I haven't received an e-mail with swap details, have they been sent out yet?

Thanks G, got a few others to post to family. Would be nice to do in one go. T

Kinleycat said:
For these love letters, are we saying they're not too be opened until feedback has been posted? Or will we be posting feedback based on the tasting and the letter reading? Only it affects the detail I put in the letter.

knthrak1982 said:
Kinleycat said:
For these love letters, are we saying they're not too be opened until feedback has been posted? Or will we be posting feedback based on the tasting and the letter reading? Only it affects the detail I put in the letter.

Good question! I will defer to kinleycat for an answer on that - I'm sure he'll be along shortly...

I just wanted to hop on this morning to say that I've started sending out swap details to some of you. Due to an unexpectedly busy weekend, some may not be emailed until Monday in the beer-styles I'm covering. KC might have slightly different timings for the styles he's doing. So if you see someone else post on here that they've got an email, don't assume we've missed you!

If you haven't heard anything by mid week, then please drop an email to the entry address (see top post).

Cheers :thumb:

knthrak1982 said:
Kinleycat said:
More a little test of tasting skills, include the brew method I.e kit, AG, BIAB etc and any interesting flavourings, hops etc. to be opened after or during tasting as you please.
Also importantly (or not) don't forget these are to be drunk over the Christmas or new year period accompanied with a seasonal jumper or outfit, Christmas hat etc.
Amusing photos accompanying feedback will be honoured by the Secret Santa team!!
Starting to send details out during this evenings X Factor (call it anaesthesia) :thumb:
KC.

Most of my section went out by pm last night and one by email.
The remaining half a dozen or so will be out by close of play today.

That's my lot doe, everyone in the bitter, mild and pale ale sections should have received either a pm or an email with a ticket number for your beer and a destination.
Anyone unsure PM either myself or morethanworts.

Right - that's me done too. :cheers: Anyone who is swapping a beer from the following categories should also now have received an email with the details.

So everyone swapping beer should have now got either an email or a PM. Please check spam folders and let me know if you haven't received anything!

BELGIAN

CHRISTMAS

LAGER AND WHEAT

STOUT

AMERICAN

BG 6 Belgian Dubbel received with thanks!

Chilling out in my fermenting fridge!
qa2ebedu.jpg

Posted my two entries this morning. Thanks to morethanworts and Kinleycat for organising this, and letting me have late entries.

Got a couple of tubes wrapped up here, ready to go tomorrow. Look like some sort of dodgy uranium fuel rods [and are probably only slightly less poisonous. :lol:] Hoping not to create too much of a stir at the village Post Office. Doesn't take much in these parts. :roll:

Back