Secret Santa 2013

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in for 2 entries, I also apologise in advance for one of them, it hasn't turned out as planned, but it hasn't finished conditioning yet, you never know, someone might like it :?

kentmark said:
Bugger just noticed date. Am I too late now?

PMd

If anyone sent an email but did not get the automated (or manual) reply acknowledging it, please get in touch. There has been one such case.

Once we've done all the admin/swaps, then that will really have to be 'time at the bar' for this one.

Cheers

I forget to check this forum so have missed the closing date. It's not even November and I'm too late. Pity as I have some nice beer to send out.

Feel sorry for those that have missed the deadline but the advanced notice means I am much better prepared than the summer swap and my entries will have had a more appropriate time to condition this time around :cheers:
Thanks to the organisers and praise be to the Swapatron :thumb:
Looking forward to December!

OK, here's what I suggest I do. It's great to have such interest in the swap (we have 50 bottles entered) and we don't want to disappoint. Equally, I've started to sift through all the beer emails now and want to draw a line under all the sorting out and arranging swap details (many of which won't be in 'pairs' as such, by the way).

So I'm happy to accept any more beer entry emails (see top post for details) up to midnight this Friday (1st Nov), after which, no further enquiries please because KC and I will have set about with the beer groupings and copy/pasting. This doesn't necessarily apply to wines/ciders - please check over in that forum with Alan.

Please send an email by Friday RokDok, and anyone else: very last call!

Cheers
MTW

Mail received. I replied manually too, because the auto reply was still set, saying entries had closed. :doh: Please disregard that, you're in!

Got it. That's two from you :thumb:

I'd better say no more additional bottles from existing participants though please: the idea was just to give anyone who'd missed out a last chance, before the rest of the admin is done.

A gentle nudge to anyone still pondering, midnight tonight is the deadline to get your entries in before the sifting gets going!! :thumb:
KC

Dammit! Too late by 14 hours 36 mins - due to a number of factors getting in the way of my brewing, I haven't been on the forum much lately. Mainly due to my buddy generously sharing his beer with my laptop, among other things.
Any hoo, I guess I am too late for this one. I shall follow with interest regardless.
Al

last year we had about 8 people in a mini swap because of latecomers...worked fine, so I guess if people have beer ready then theres no reason not to, just don't mix them into the main group :)

After reading up on beer styles my entry will not be exactly as stated on my email, but it's OK as it's just a bit of fun?

Just to confirm...Sorry folks, but registration for the Secret Santa is now closed. Thanks for all the entries.

Jimmy321 said:
After reading up on beer styles my entry will not be exactly as stated on my email, but it's OK as it's just a bit of fun?

No worries Jimmy. :thumb: Just adjust as you want on the label and sealed letter. I'll paste the details about labelling from KC's top post again here, just as a reminder to everyone when for when we get to 23rd November:

"Labeling - Firstly please put your ticket number on your beer label then only list style, abv and a name for it (nothing that can identify the brew to the brewer though, remember this is tip top secret!!!) and any allergic properties (as a back up, if you have submitted any allergen advice in your joining details our admin will try to ensure that you do not receive harmful beer) but adding this on the labelling will add a second tier of safety.

This year to aid and test (& perhaps even surprise) our tasting skills, brewers are asked to include a sealed letter outlining further brewing information such as AG or Kit, any hops or special processes, make it as fun and informative as you can."

No one has indicated that they have any allergies, so I am not following up missing details of unusual ingredients. If you are allergic to anything that could possibly appear in an unusual brew, then please use the entry email to tell me ASAP!

Thanks
MTW

Back