Inkbird?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't know that about ni water. I was using the standard water report they have me from 2020 when I entered my postcode.

Any particular email that the request should be sent to ?

me too, just plugged in my post code to the NI site. Maybe I will send them an email.

To be fair though by brews have been bang on since switching to tap water, and a Brittany filter.

about 150g acid malt in 4.5 kg bill and a bit of gypsum and CC.

@LisaMC if you're thinking of dabbling with water.
Always treat your water with campden tablet (or sodium metabisulphate) to remove chlorine and chloramine.
Then try your tap water on its own for darker beers, or ashbeck and your tap water 50/50 for pale ales. Your tap water looks pretty good for most except the lightest beers.

Hey guys

I am just starting to get into beer-brewing along with my husband. We are considering an all-in-one machine. However, I am worried about temperature control of the fermentation. Will an inkbird and a heat pad do the job, without having to spend a fortune? I've no idea how they work at all. and I've seen some wiring setups that are quite frankly beyond us.

Not sure what is best to buy. Can anyone help please?
I've used a heat pad and an inkbird for years I would recommend the wifi version for the extra cost. My plastic FV just stood on a Mangrove Jack heat pad in the dining room had no problems moved to Stainless steel FV now use a heat belt still no probs.

@LisaMC if you're thinking of dabbling with water.
Always treat your water with campden tablet (or sodium metabisulphate) to remove chlorine and chloramine.
Then try your tap water on its own for darker beers, or ashbeck and your tap water 50/50 for pale ales. Your tap water looks pretty good for most except the lightest beers.

Thank you cushy, sounds like great advice. ☺

Latest posts

Back