General election

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which party will you vote for

• Labour

• Conservative

• Reform

• Green

• SNP

• Lib Dem

• Still on the fence.

• Plaid cymru

• Local Independant

Results are only viewable after voting.
i am no racist i am all for immigration legal immigration, i live 11 miles from manchester arena what are your thoughts on that, stop calling me a racist

I never called you a racist. I called you an apologist to racism.

I'm bowing out of this. I have absolutely no desire to converse with apologists to racism

It would apper you are the only one who thinks anyone here is apologising for racists in Reform.

No one is apologising for racists in any party and I am sure as time goes bye any racists in thr Reform party will be removed, they have already removed some they are a new party it's going to take time to find those guilty and remove them.

It would apper you are the only one who thinks anyone here is apologising for racists in Reform.

No one is apologising for racists in any party and I am sure as time goes bye any racists in thr Reform party will be removed, they have already removed some they are a new party it's going to take time to find those guilty and remove them.
Nope, I agree totally with @Brew_DD2

No that is not what Reform voters are voting for they are voting for what they put in their contract
I disagree with this. Most people have already made up their minds weeks/months ago. There was moderate jump in the numbers when F*rage u-turned and said he was standing in the election after all. All of this happened before they came out with their 'contract' at a time when they effectively had no policies, plan or stance on anything except immigration and electoral reform.

I don't think they are voting for what is in the contract. I think they are voting for a personality or voting against the other parties.

I don't think they are voting for what is in the contract. I think they are voting for a personality or voting against the other parties
It was pretty obvious from his interviews what would be in the contract so obvoously people made their minds up before the contract was published.

It was pretty obvious from his interviews what would be in the contract so obvoously people made their minds up before the contract was published.
So decided to vote for something without knowing what it actually was? Interesting.

(Cough 2016 cough)

Starmer is on 5 live now people are phoning in and asking him questions all he does is say we have costed the plans we have put in place it's a lie they have costed one year only, he had been asked about hitting private pensions and his answer was the Tories tax pensions, I think we nowchave acgood idea where the money is going to come from as he said no tax, vat etc, I wonder if the Tories will leave the magic money tree behind when they leave.

So decided to vote for something without knowing what it actually was? Interesting.i

There is a huge diference betwen deciding which wayxthey may vote and actually voting and I wasn't aware we have had the election and Reform voters have already cast their vote

Full quote -

Starmer is on 5 live now people are phoning in and asking him questions all he does is say we have costed the plans we have put in place it's a lie they have costed one year only, he had been asked about hitting private pensions and his answer was the Tories tax pensions, I think we nowchave acgood idea where the money is going to come from as he said no tax, vat etc, I wonder if the Tories will leave the magic money tree behind when they leave.

It's what has now been called the "Ming Vase" strategy. In 1997 Roy Jenkins described Tony Blair as being "like a man carrying a priceless Ming vase across a highly polished floor", and Starmer is doing the same. He doesn't need to give voters a reason to vote for him, he just needs to avoid giving them a reason to not vote for him.

I think we'll get a year in and things will change. There's no way you can keep things going like they are without either raising tax somewhere, austerity part 2 or finding some kind of new untapped resource .

Just coming in to check if anyone else had taken the political compass thing I posted
1719564973234.png

View attachment 101178
I don’t really like how the Scottish one has Unionist/Nationalist instead of Progressive/conservative
Yeah, that's bull****. I thought the only difference picking country would have would be the nationalist parties showing on the graph.

It's what has now been called the "Ming Vase" strategy. In 1997 Roy Jenkins described Tony Blair as being "like a man carrying a priceless Ming vase across a highly polished floor", and Starmer is doing the same. He doesn't need to give voters a reason to vote for him, he just needs to avoid giving them a reason to not vote for him.

I think we'll get a year in and things will change. There's no way you can keep things going like they are without either raising tax somewhere, austerity part 2 or finding some kind of new untapped resource .
Basically this is my take. Starmer is managing expectations. The more tories mess up the closer to tory policy he can get which means he will be judged less for moving slowly away from it. It's a good strategy really. Moving policy too quickly can be disastrous, look at Liz Truss tanking the economy. Small steps in the right direction are better than jumping that way and falling.

An interesting interview this morning.

Del Boy Starmer -
No income tax no VAT (rises) no Tory magic money tree.

Grandad better hide his pension book. ;)

Last edited:
Sorry, but where is this being said, other than here?

Very concerning that Starmer has said he's going to tax pensions having spent the past few weeks saying that he's not adding any new taxes.
Wi believe someone has leaked something about taxing pensions so when asked about pensions this morning Del Boy said the Tories tax pensions he didn't say they were not going to tax them more.

Latest posts

Back