General election

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which party will you vote for

• Labour

• Conservative

• Reform

• Green

• SNP

• Lib Dem

• Still on the fence.

• Plaid cymru

• Local Independant

Results are only viewable after voting.
Your lucky it's a pittance rod, I won't be getting any!

I was due to retire at 65 the government then moved my retirement to 67 :mad:

What decisions have been made on State Pension ages?
The government has legislated for an increase from 66 to 67 in 2026-28 and to 68 in 2044-46. However, the timing of the rise to 68 is in doubt and will be looked at by an independent review after the next election.
  • The rise to 67 affects those born on or after 5 April 1960.
  • The rise to 68 (between 2044 and 2046) affects those born on or after 5 April 1977.

Your lucky it's a pittance rod, I won't be getting any!
I was going to say the same thing. I'm having to front load my private pension because I expect that by the time I reach 68, the retirement age will have been moved to at least 75, if not abolished entirely

I was going to say the same thing. I'm having to front load my private pension because I expect that by the time I reach 68, the retirement age will have been moved to at least 75, if not abolished entirely

I'm lucky I've got an nhs pension but the goalposts have been moved twice since I've been employed. State pension, no chance.

People won't be able to afford to retire. All the younger people with any sense are leaving. My eldest is away back to Australia today, second boy just graduated with a masters in civil engineering. He will be leaving as well, I can't blame them.

Big Ed does it again

Got to give the guy credit for having the balls to do it -

Makes Bo-Jo's zip wire stunt look well tame :D

sick...🤮sick...🤮sick...🤢sick...🤢sick...

1719847776190.png

Thankfully already received mine and returned it last week, but it's a scandal that the postal system has failed so many Edinburgh set up special voting centres to overcome this suck is the extent of the issue, about time we got with the times looked at PR and electronic voting systems, government gateway is secure enough for other personal information so not like we do not have the technology to do this

Latest posts

Back