European Championship

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who do you think will win (not who do you want to win)

• England will win

• Spain will win

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spain would crucify us if they play like that in the final, mind you still 45 minutes. Both these teams have woken up lets hope we can tomorrow

What makes this sound?

Beep beep beep.

The sound of the England open top bus reversing back into the garage on Monday.

Both those teams last night would beat England reasonably easily.
What a shame because on paper we have some of the best players individually but the tactics and restraints they are made to play under limits there skill. Whether They do win or not Southgate plays too safe(square ball Southgate).
DO NOT pick the best 11 players and play them out of position I also think dropping Kane may make a few other players sit up and fight for their place in the team too.
Another thing picked from club football is when you have a good squad they are rotated so as they do not become complacent and fight for their place in the team, too many favourites in this England team who know their name will be on the team sheet and stroll through sometimes

1000097818.jpg

Hope the armchair managers will stay silent
I think lady luck has had far more to do with us getting to the final than Southgates tactics we were lucky again last night the second goal could have easily not gone in. I cannot see us winning it but will be happy when you all tell me I was taking out of my **** if do ;)

I think lady luck has had far more to do with us getting to the final than Southgates tactics we were lucky again last night the second goal could have easily not gone in. I cannot see us winning it but will be happy when you all tell me I was taking out of my **** if do ;)

The second goal from Watkins was a beauty, but nobody will convince me that this England side has been anything other than bang-average. And whilst you can only beat what is in front of you, they are yet to face a good side.

I've always respected Kane as a player, but has the diving and playacting always been a big part of his game? I've not really watched enough of him to comment on it, but I was shocked by the frequency of his attempts to con the referee. It wasn't that long ago that our pundits would scream bloody murder when a foreign player behaved like that, and decried that it had been brought into our game. How times have changed.

The second goal from Watkins was a beauty, but nobody will convince me that this England side has been anything other than bang-average. And whilst you can only beat what is in front of you, they are yet to face a good side.

I've always respected Kane as a player, but has the diving and playacting always been a big part of his game? I've not really watched enough of him to comment on it, but I was shocked by the frequency of his attempts to con the referee. It wasn't that long ago that our pundits would scream bloody murder when a foreign player behaved like that, and decried that it had been brought into our game. How times have changed.
Unfortunately that how the game has become. If you are not going to adopt this “Sh*thousing” yourselves you just become a victim of it. I hate it all. 22 players claiming the throw in is there’s, falling over and getting a free kick whenever they feel a touch, getting a touch on the shoulder and going down holding their face, time wasting etc etc, but it will carry on for as long as refs continue to be fooled by it and accept it all.

I think lady luck has had far more to do with us getting to the final than Southgates tactics we were lucky again last night the second goal could have easily not gone in. I cannot see us winning it but will be happy when you all tell me I was taking out of my **** if we do ;)
Well done England definitely better but Luck played a big part in it last night it deffo was not a penalty and how the ref gave it is unbelievable.
We have suffered from bad luck over the years so it was due and I will take it

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back