Introducing myself

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Quinn

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, just a few words to introduce myself. I have dabbled on and off for decades with mead brewing and beer kits, but have just decided to take up all grain brewing. Ideally, I would like to succeed with a recipe as close as possible to Youngs American Amber Ale (I assure you, this is not a plug!). I am about to order a boiler, and will be keeping fermenting simple, with fermentation bins. I would like to be as thrifty as possible, so will be collecting fizzy drinks bottles from the plastic recycling bins at work. That's all for now, because I am eager to learn as much as I can from your posts to hit the ground running once my boiler arrives.

Welcome, bro. I don't have a recipe for what you are looking for. Perhaps someone else can assist. I will say this though, the entire process, from brew day to packaging, will affect the brew. Have you considered kegs? It really is the best way to package your beer.

Back