Party tap

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GF21

Reaction score
Hi All
What cleansing regime should i use for a party tap that will be removed after use , im presuming sanitisation etc but it will be cleaned properly after disconnection
from the corny ,

so sanitser not needed , thats what i was thinking , maybe i might leave it connected and clean every 2 weeks or so , i tend to get through 20odd lts in about 4 weeks ish thx for your reply bro :beer1:

so sanitser not needed , thats what i was thinking , maybe i might leave it connected and clean every 2 weeks or so , i tend to get through 20odd lts in about 4 weeks ish thx for your reply bro :beer1:
Up until about 12 months or so ago I didn't bother getting carried away when cleaning my party taps. One evening while pouring a beer I saw a blob of black stuff come out of the tap and into my beer. Turned out that a load of slimy "stuff" had created a home behind the silicone/rubber plunger thing in the tap. I now strip down my party taps after every batch. No sign of the black stuff since

Cheers Tom

I guess it depends on what you are using it for. If you are using it just to dispense beer to drink, I don't think you need to sanitise, just clean so you avoid the issues that Soupdragon mentioned. If you are bottling I would definitely sanitise.

Latest posts

Back