European Championship

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know some England fans wont have anything said against Southgate but be honest if any of the following were manager Pep Guardiola, Jürgen Klopp, Arsene Wenger, Antonio Conte, Rafael Benitez or Claudio Ranieri (i could have picked many more) do you think we would have had more success over the years and we wouldn't be playing like we are now?
I am coming to the view that we got to the semi's and finals of the last tournaments in spite of Southgate. England are stinking out what has been a great tournament so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lee Dixon

Former England defender on ITV

This is massive, massive pressure for England.

What a start to the game for Slovakia. There is so much time and space they have to find the right pass. He just flicks the ball past Pickford into the bottom corner.

Marc Guehi was recovering and his heel is just clipped and he is in the six-yard box getting treatment.

Phil McNulty
BBC Sport chief football writer at AufSchalke Arena

England's players look at each almost in puzzlement - which would the reaction of anyone watching the first 25 minutes here.

They have been cut wide open constantly at the back and Kyle Walker is having a nightmare so far.

Let's word it politely and say England have to buck their ideas up. Other suggestions are available.

1719766436219.png

Phil McNulty
BBC Sport chief football writer at AufSchalke Arena

Amid some pretty stiff competition, that might well be England's worst 45 minutes at Euro 2024.

Chaotic, disjointed and vulnerable. One or two signs of life in the closing moments before half-time but overall dreadful.

Does Gareth Southgate stick with these players who haven't delivered - or does he twist and make changes?

Back