European Championship

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on Scotland.

Live now on BBC Sport - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football

1719168860269.png

Scotland robbed last night -

Why didn't VAR look at this?

https://x.com/i/status/1805141307540566017

I wasn't convinced it was a penalty tbh, and I'm speaking as someone who's watched a lot of Stuart Armstrong to know that he's an honest player. He definitely doesn't dive, but not sure where else the defender can go with Armstrong checking back. Also think it may not have been checked because Armstrong was deemed offside (not seen that mentioned anywhere, but cannot think of any other legitimate reason for VAR not to have reviewed it).

Bitterly disappointed that we didn't take the game to them earlier. They were more than happy to sit back and let our defenders pass it sideways. Shape not bold enough either. Qué sera.

Not a penalty for me. Armstrong has handfuls of the guy's shirt and is pulling him into the challenge. 50/50 battle in my view. I am surprised it wasn't checked by VAR though.

rmstrong has handfuls of the guy's shirt and is pulling him into the challenge.

Some will say it was a penalty and others will disagree but my take on it is if you look at picture 1 & 2 he has his hand over his shoulder but is not holding his shirt when he gets the knock he grabs the shirt (picture 3)

Some will say it was a penalty and others will disagree but my take on it is if you look at picture 1 & 2 he has his hand over his shoulder but is not holding his shirt when he gets the knock he grabs the shirt (picture 3)

I think that's the problem with stills and slow motion. It can mischaracterise what happened in real time. It's one of the issues with how VAR has been used in England and Scotland.

I'm more interested as to why it didn't go to VAR for review. Like I said in my previous post, the only legitimate reason I can see, is that Armstrong was offside.

"England look really basic"

England 0-0 Slovenia

Gary Neville

There are no really in-built patterns.
We look really basic and it is sad because I think we are better than that.
The players out there are better than that but also the players on the bench are better than that.

I know some England fans wont have anything said against Southgate but be honest if any of the following were manager Pep Guardiola, Jürgen Klopp, Arsene Wenger, Antonio Conte, Rafael Benitez or Claudio Ranieri (i could have picked many more) do you think we would have had more success over the years and we wouldn't be playing like we are now?

Back