What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyway, beer....
As it was such a wonderful day I opened and shared a Father's day present from son, with SWMBO'D.
Honestly that was the quantity (on L) requested to try.
Well - it was ostensibly my present.
IMG_20240728_183402.jpg

Having just finished a brewday, time for a beer and I’m starting tonight with a glass of my Czech lager. After disturbing the sediment on Saturday the beer is much clearer now although not crystal clear yet.

View attachment 102293

Disturbing the sediment sounds like when you eat something that doesn’t agree with you - “how was your pie ?”, “actually it’s disturbing the sediment”
:laugh8:

Phew it’s scorchio anyway thought I’d try my Red IPA. Hmmm it’s very murky this could be because I hadn’t enough light Munich so added rye, which might be the reason. However it’s drinkable but it’s not got a mango flavour from the yeast. Head retention is great though best I’ve ever had.

IMG_4005.jpeg

Followed by a Munich Helles.

IMG_4007.jpeg

Phew it’s scorchio anyway thought I’d try my Red IPA. Hmmm it’s very murky this could be because I hadn’t enough light Munich so added rye, which might be the reason. However it’s drinkable but it’s not got a mango flavour from the yeast. Head retention is great though best I’ve ever had.

View attachment 102299

View attachment 102300
Helles looks good.

The one on the left looks like what you’d errmm filled after drinking the others 😳 if you now want I mean 😀
That’s the lager. The 33 degree heat didn’t lend to a good showing on the flight.
I’ve drank a lot of it out here, it’s a fantastic recreation of a classic Munich Helles.

View attachment 102299

View attachment 102300
Rye will do that, especially malted rye

Had a very pleasant tour of the Dubrovnik Beer Company, which isn’t a whole lot bigger than my garage!
The milk stout was the surprise winner on they tasting flight.

View attachment 102301
If you have hired a car go to Montenegro, have some good beers there and you could also visit The Nags Head Podgorica, talk like Del Boy and you will get free beer.

If you have hired a car go to Montenegro, have some good beers there and you could also visit The Nags Head Podgorica, talk like Del Boy and you will get free beer.
🤣
We decided to save Montenegro for another time. No one wants to leave the spot we’re in now, it’s like paradise.

Back