What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just trying a kit beer Evil Dog double IPA I think I’ll stick to my usual AG brewing !
It’s 7.1% and tastes like rocket fuel! I can feel a head ache 🤒 already !
IMG_1192.jpeg

And it gets worse in terms of beer sacrilege I’m drinking John Smiths Extra Smooth this is rather nostalgic for me it is both the first legal pint I ever drank and also something I used to drink in Birmingham Newstreer station on my way back from University. And you know what as much as people like to complain about it I still find it a very enjoyable easy to drink beer.image.jpg

Lovely spot. I felt the need to drink plenty and buy a t shirt when there.
Did you get time to visit the Love Bar, round the corner and up the hill? Nice cocktail bar overlooking the port. I had to take SWMBO there as she’s partial to a cocktail or three and it would be ungentlemanly to refuse 😂

Is that the one you go through the door in the walls and it’s a fantastic view ?
Yep..
IMG_3121.jpeg

And..
IMG_3122.jpeg

Pics courtesy of Google maps. Best view is at the top of the cable car.
IMG_20230702_160944263_HDR.jpg

Enjoyed a meal in the restaurant and a drink al fresco in the bar area 😎

Last edited:
Witbier. Has been interesting to see this develop in the keg. First it was very citrus-led, then spice was at the fore. It all seems to have settled and melded together nicely.

1000076020.jpg

Planning a quiet one this weekend, as off to a beer festival on Friday, and need to get back into my exercise routine after neglecting it for a few months.

IMG_20240802_170541_538.jpg

Better than expected, I do like a good stout and one that has pronounced coffee notes moreso, but there have been too many that taste like I'm knocking back a slightly carbed, boozy, glass of espresso.
This is quite nice, decent coffee flavour, albeit a tad too sickly, light carbonation and silky mouthfeel.
Overall a solid 7/10.

IMG_20240802_173458_083.jpg

Not at all what I was expecting, admittedly I didn't read the label before I bought it, but when someone says 'ruby ale' I immediately think of red ale and similar stuff.
This is fruity...a little too fruity for my tastes, the label states 'damson and liquorice notes' but all I got was a big wet raspberry slap in the chops.
Bordering on alcopop territory, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I wanted a beer. An unfortunate 5/10.

IMG_20240802_180424_976.jpg

Why did I choose this? I don't like fruit beers! Trying to broaden my horizons I suppose...
Not too bad actually, kinda cloudy, profound strawberry flavour and aroma. Looks and tastes a bit like a strawberry wine that hasn't quite cleared yet and someone decided to force carb for poops and giggles.
Not really in the realms of what I'd consider 'beer' but pretty good none the less, 6/10.

IMG_20240802_181937_315.jpg

Delightful tipple, just hits the right balance of roasty toasty notes without becoming cloying, actually quite refreshing which I find odd in a stout, if only I tried this one years ago...actually, I have no idea how long Hobgoblin have been doing stout, but I'm definitely a fan!
Delicious, layered flavours and lasting pleasant caresses of toffee, coffee, caramel and deep dark malt.
A resounding 9/10.

I’m stuck in London for another night🤬.
Consoled myself by going to Book Of Mormon this afternoon and I’m off to Lucky Cat in about an hour.
I’ll be rolling the Negroni dice and wishing for no more flight cancellations tomorrow.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back