What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Later than planned but I am in the van with a can.

I first tried this a year ago whilst in Cornwall. It was lovely. Some months later Verdant had an offer so I bought a load. Today marks 12 months since it was canned and the last of my stock. It is still tasting lovely.

Upload failed. It's verdant v white rabbit. White rabbit ipa. Hazy!!!
Real ale needs 12 months!
Especially good if you are listening to Jefferson Airplane 'White Rabbit' whilst drinking it. 🍻

Time for one of my own. This is my cask best bitter.
View attachment 102185

@Buffers brewery you asked about the flavour….

Clarity is again improved on the last pint I poured but still not crystal clear. Carbonation is soft and the head is a lovely long lasting cask-like foam. The flavour is actually quite complex with malt, hops, esters, and bitterness all beautifully balanced. The malt flavour is maybe white bread crust, hops slightly earthy and spicy with a floral hint and a touch of tea, esters are subtle with just a hint of red apple, bitterness is soft and lingering. The mouthfeel is also soft and with the beer served at ambient temperature it’s so easy drinking it almost just melts away in the mouth.
Sounds deeelish 👍🏻

After the disappointing beer earlier, I've moved on to an old favourite...

IMG_20240726_204358_380.jpg

DSC_0007.JPG

As you can see, it's a beautiful beer. Dark fruit, caramel, toasted molasses, charred sweetness, almost like burnt marshmallows. This beer reminds me of something that I can't quite put my finger on.

Mouthfeel is luxurious with a tingle of carb.

Taste is like a ruby red stout, bursting with dark fruit, burnt toffee and caramel. Hint of char, not smoked - char! Warmth from the above which is also evident in the aroma.

Overall this I an excellent beer that has aged very well and I am delighted that I have got to taste not only this beer but the only one left on the planet. Sir, I doth my cap.

OK, enough of the reading,
Now for tonight's beer drinking: Glasses from :
Two different casks of my Camden pale ale 3.
Perhaps too much hop material, but hey, soooh tasty and none the worse for that.
Followed by two different casks of my Darkish Hoppy Bitter.
Yep, ticks all those boxes.
Lastly, a recombination of two casks of my Camden Amber ale 2 (should have been Pale).
It has become a beer version of Tokaji dessert wine,
unrepeatable, obs.

IMG_20240726_190159.jpg
IMG_20240726_192213.jpg
IMG_20240726_194928.jpg

IMG_20240726_211355.jpg
IMG_20240726_202623.jpg

View attachment 102211

As you can see, it's a beautiful beer. Dark fruit, caramel, toasted molasses, charred sweetness, almost like burnt marshmallows. This beer reminds me of something that I can't quite put my finger on.

Mouthfeel is luxurious with a tingle of carb.

Taste is like a ruby red stout, bursting with dark fruit, burnt toffee and caramel. Hint of char, not smoked - char! Warmth from the above which is also evident in the aroma.

Overall this I an excellent beer that has aged very well and I am delighted that I have got to taste not only this beer but the only one left on the planet. Sir, I doth my cap.
Cheers mate, really glad you enjoyed it. The dark grains were added in the last 10 minutes of the mash which tempered any astringency. It really came good after 12 months in bottle, but I’m not sure how much patience I’ve got for producing long turn beers.

Today’s brewday has been postponed until Monday because we decided to have an impromptu family BBQ. They’re all due to arrive shortly so time for a quiet beer before the hoards descend! I’m starting with a best bitter, my wife is starting with an imperial! 😂

View attachment 102222
I love your bar 👍🏻

Back